✥ 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐞𝐡 ✥

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 

✥ 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐞𝐡 ✥

    Her eyes rested upon the men in the arena with admiration. She does not admire the men themselves but rather the art they practice, the one to which she longs to be able to belong. Knighthood. Unfortunately, her role has already been given to her, and she will not be able to change. From afar, she watches them. Their movements are smooth and the way that they carry lethal weapons and fight each other with them fascinates her. A sigh leaves her lips as she gazes upon the sight through the window.

    Nevaeh dresses in her traditional maid clothing which is a simply sky blueish tunic dress that reaches towards her ankles. Under the sleeveless tunic, she wears a brown shirt with long sleeves with strings that are wrapped around her waist and died behind her back. She wears simple leather shoes which are far too worn out for her taste. These are the clothing she has worn for a couple of months. Only washed a handful of times but that is the least of her concerns. The clothing, as hideous as they appear is not what bothers her for their beauty but rather for their restraint. For as long as she has remembered, she has only had one dream and that dream lies with the men in that arena which her coral green eyes watch. The dress restrains her ability to move freely and fight as if she were a Knight.

    Not before long, she continues with her duties. Cleaning the very windows she watches through. Every so often she would however find herself gazing towards the arena. If only for a second. She cannot resist and neither does she want to. The way that the sight interests her is beyond anything. She wishes she could be there, not simply to watch far closers than she currently does but rather to be in that arena and showing all who watch her ability to use a sword.

    The arena is the place where the Knights of the kingdom show their skills by fighting each other for the entertainment of other people. Mostly the upper Court and the Nobles who enjoy watching other people get hurt. However, there is one who everyone fights for and that is the one which none has ever seen. The King. From the moment his father died, he became a King at a young age and had too many responsibilities for a young child. None from the Kingdom knows what his appearance is for always when in public, he wears pure black clothing and his head is shielded with the cloth. Some say he is the most hideous man who has ever been born while others say he is merely a man. The King sits on a large chair and watches his Knights fight in the best view. If he is bored or enjoying himself, that none knows. He does not clap and he does not cheer. All he does is sit there.

    Nevaeh eyes the King from afar. He looks the same as he always has. Dressed in black and covered but there is something to him which she notices. Even from this far away. He does move, very subtly but he does. Every so often he would cross his legs and sometimes he would move his arm towards his head to adjust the cloth. Her only question when looking at the King himself is; how does he breathe?