𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

_____

Grimmauld Place

_____

HERMIONE was nervous, but in desperate need to get this off her chest.

She stood outside the entrance to Grimmauld Place, fidgeting with the sleeves of her cardigan as she stared at the tall wood of the door, waiting in anticipation for it to vanish out of the frame.

Ginny invited her over for some tea, biscuits and a general catch up. Hermione wanted to tell her about her time in Prague and her decision to move there. But something else too; she planned to tell Ginny about her relationship with Draco.

They were serious, and Hermione believed it was time to talk about it with Ginny. Involving her family would be a large step, and since she was closest to Ginny, she'd be the first to know.

A timid, spring breezed danced around her, and she shut her eyes, concentrating to avoid the prickly thoughts eroding the walls of her mind. The click of the door caught hold of her attention.

"Hey, Hermione. Come in." Ginny penetrated the door frame, wearing a loose quidditch jumper and joggers, her hands cradling her bump, protectively. Her flaming hair braided.

"Gin, hello." Hermione said, looking down her pregnant belly, "my word, you're coming along, nicely. Not long to go, now."

"I know." she smiled, turning to walk further into the house, Hermione following close behind, shutting the door back into its hinges afterward, "My due date is next week, but Weasley children are always late. Mum told me that she didn't go into labor with Percy until a couple weeks after her due date, and then when she was pregnant with the twins, they were an entire month late. So I reckon I'll be stuck like this for a while."

"Oh my god." Hermione gaped as she helped Ginny into her seat before striding over the kitchen floor tiles to boil the pot for tea. A plate of biscuits had already been set on the table. "You know if that's the kind of thing that makes you nervous, there are always some remedies to hurry along the process."

"Hermione, as much as I appreciate it," Ginny started, her features contorted in something Hermione couldn't label, "I don't want every time you visit to be a consultant. I would love to talk about normal pregnancy stuff with you, like baby names, or what you're going to buy me for the baby shower."

The brunette arched a brow, "you're having a baby shower?"

"I will if you plan it, organize all the food and invite everyone." Ginny said, cheekily, as she bit into one of the biscuits.

Hermione chuckled, then whirled at the scream of the kettle. Beginning to prepare the tea before she seated herself across from Ginny.

"Do you know what you'll name the baby?" asked Hermione, grasping the mug in her hands and bringing it up to her mouth, letting the hot liquid slide down her throat.

"We haven't decided yet. I already told you about Harry's desire for unique names, right?"

Hermione faked a gasp, "how could I ever forget about little Jupiter?"

A grin smeared over Ginny's lips as she sipped her tea, "yeah well," she said, "it's gotten worse. Now he wants to name the baby after something we both love. Not someone — something."

"Like what?"

"Hermione, meet your little nephew, Quidditch Potter."

Hermione neared to choking on her tea. "Sorry, what?" she said, disbelievingly. "He wants to name the baby Quidditch?"