2

3rd POV

His eyes washed over the painting as he held his glass that was halfway filled with champagne. A few people walked around the white museum. Many paintings hung up on the wall but they all fit together perfectly. He takes a sip of his drink as he rub the bottom of his chin.

He wasn't here because he liked paintings. He was mostly here because of his partnership. Well, the partnership he wanted. He hated kissing up people's asses for the things he wants. What he wants, he eventually gets. But the things he did for the things he wanted were almost unbearable sometimes.

The man Austin Lester is older. To Christopher Bianco, respect goes both ways. To the man, respect is mandatory. Especially if you're older. Christopher despises the old man in his white, alpha male ways. It was aggravating to listen to the man for more than two minutes.

But this partnership is important. It needs to happen if Christopher wants to expand the corporation further. Interviews, some modeling, and getting in the public eye aren't working as much as he would like. It was hard but if he somewhat set a partnership with Austin Lester, the man who owns one of the largest corporations in Northern America then his business would become more successful.

The success that he will be able to do all by himself without his mother's name beside him. Now, he loves his mother. He would do anything for her. Yet, it's a goal of his to successfully expand the corporation without his mother ever since she passed her corporation to him. It was his now, and he wanted everyone to know. 

Christopher takes a sip of his champagne as a woman stands beside him. He doesn't pay her any attention as his eyes roam over the light tan painting. A line painting he believes is called. It's a boring painting but he understands why someone would like it.

"My fiancé bought this." The woman speaks.

His eyes glance at her from the side. She's tall with black heels. Slim, her nails painted red that compliment her fair skin. Her black hair was slightly curled a beach wave style. Her dark green eyes were interesting. Almost like a jade green. With a button nose, perfectly arched black eyebrows, her almond round eyes, she's gorgeous, to say the least.

Christopher looks back at the painting. He turns his head about to step off until his eyes settle on a man walking towards him. Turning his head straight, his hand gripped the glass tightly. His jaw clenches uncontrollably as the older man walks over to him.

The woman opened her mouth to speak once more until the man stood beside him. With his short black hair yet similar green hazel eyes. They stand at the same height but the older man is bulkier—a full-grown beard and mustache. The man gives the woman a small smile.

"Can you excuse us?" The man asks her.

The woman nods before walking away. Christopher swallow the last bit of his champagne as the man look at the painting as well.

"It's quite feminine-"

"The only reason why I'm not walking away is because people are around," Christopher says cutting him off. His words were harsh even with his voice low enough for him to hear.

The man clears his throat before he turns to Christopher. Christopher regrets opening his mouth only because now the man will continue to talk to him.

"I suppose, it is also impolite to act so cold towards your father."

Christopher scoffs quietly before walking away. His father sighs calling out his name. Christopher ignores it and the following stares cause him to become more aggravated. He goes to the other side of the room.