4

Christopher waits patiently at the table. Currently at the restaurant he and Nathan had agreed to. He was earlier than expected, not on purpose either. But this was good, it gave him the chance to enjoy the silence and a glass of wine all by himself.

He was sure this lunch meeting would turn out great, just as he expected. He wasn't a talker, he was stern, and blunt, yet he was respectful. But when it came to his business, he knew just the right words to say. He didn't think of this as making a new friend. This was an opportunity that would bring in much more value not only to him but to his business as well. This was just business.

And on time, he sees the hostess coming to him holding one more menu. Christopher stands up ready to greet Nathan until he sees a woman beside him. His eyes drift to pass Nathan in a second to see the familiar face.

How could he forget a face like hers?

Her lips are glossed, they shine due to the light reflection. Her makeup highlighted her perfect oval-shaped face and brown skin. Her hair is flat ironed straight down to her back as she wears a white, off-the-shoulder blouse revealing her glowy brown skin and black pleated micro skirt. Her black heels tap the ground putting more attention on her.

Shocked, he tries to hide his expression quickly looking at Nathan beside her. They looked alike with their dainty nose and complexion, they were related in some way.

Once Nathan gets to Christopher he puts his hand out waiting for Christopher to shake it.

"Good evening, Mr.Campbell." Christopher greets him.

Retracting their hands, Nathan gestured his head to the girl beside him who stood with a small smile. Hesitant Christopher's eyes slowly drift to her, feeling his heart starting to race.

"I hope you don't mind, I forgot that I promised my daughter a day with me," Nathan says pulling out one of the chairs for his daughter.

She sits down as the hostess places the menu down and leaves without saying another word. Christopher glances away, sitting back down in his chair and picking up the menu.

"I don't mind at all." He says telling himself to keep looking at the menu.

He knew something was wrong. He never felt so nervous before. Nathan sits down beside his daughter and fixes his tie.

"Great, Kailani is amazingly social. Unlike me, she can hold a conversation." He speaks causing her to scoff quietly.

"Don't let him fool you, the man can talk someone's ears off for hours," Kailani speaks catching Christopher's attention.

Lifting his eyes up to her to see a smile on her lips. Just seeing it makes him feel fuzzy on the inside. Nathan chuckles grabbing one of the menus.

"So Christopher, have you eaten here before? I hear the scampi is good." Nathan asks flipping through the pages.

Christopher shakes his head looking back down at the menu. Kailani eyes shift to Christopher, tilting her head to the side. Her smile fades as she slightly squints her eyes at him. For a while silence fills the room until her father speaks.

Catching his daughter staring, he flicked his eyes to her before back onto his menu.

"It's rude to stare, Kailani." He says immediately causing Christopher to look up once more.

Catching her eyes on him, his cheeks begin to turn a shade of pink. She gasp quietly sitting straight in her chair.

"I knew you looked familiar, you were at Mr. Vience's art exhibition." She remembers with a small smile.