Chapter 8, The Hagrid Clan

Lerris slowly opens his eyes as he heard some movement in their room, and when he moves around and look down from the top bunk, he saw his cousin, already dressed up, and tying her hair behind her with a leather cord.

"Good morning," Lerris said lazily as he watches his cousin move around the room.

"Sorry if I wake you up?" She said as she took her baldric from the nearby hanging rack and wearing it, before drawing her pistol and checks it.

"It's okay," Lerris said as he lazily sat at the edge of the bunk and stretching his hands out and yawns.

"By the way, are we staying for another night?" Lydia asked.

"We have to," Lerris casually replied as he carefully went down from the top bunk and into the floor, "our clothes won't be ready until afternoon."

"But are we going to that farm up north?" she asked as she looks at Lerris anxiously.

"Of course," Lerris said with a nod as he walks straight to where the washbasin is and began washing his face. "We still have to finish that quest." he added.

Lydia nodded as she took her bow case and slings it across her back, then she picks her half-filled quiver and clips it on her belt before she picks her saddlebag and slung it on her shoulder and picks up her musket.

"I'll wait for you downstairs and order our breakfast as well." Lydia told him as she started for the door.

"I'll have sausage and eggs if they have one, and no porridge." Lerris said to her as he picks up the towel beside the washbasin and started wiping himself dry.

"Sure," Lydia told him before walking out of their room.

Lerris place the used towel beside the washbasin and turn around to his bed, picking up his shirt that was hanging on edge of the top bunk and started donning it. As soon he was done, he quickly looks around for his boots, and after finding it, he started wearing it, and when he was done, he walks up towards the hanging rack and picks up his vest and wears it. He then picks up his baldric, first checking his sword, then his pistol, and lastly the cartridge inside the leather pouches in front of the baldric, after that, he slung the baldric around him, before going to where his saddlebag is and picks it up before going back to table and placing it on top of it. After which, he opens the left side and took out one of the leather pouches where he uses to store his paper cartridges and carefully took out a dozen paper cartridges and placing it on the leather pouches that was built in front of his baldric. After that, he puts back the leather pouch and closes his saddlebag and slung it over his shoulder before picking up his musket.

For a moment, he stood there and look around the room, making sure he did not forget anything. And when he was satisfied that nothing was amiss, he walks out of the room, and locking the door behind him, before heading straight down to the common room, where he saw his cousin, sitting on the nearby table facing the doorway. He then went to the bar, where he told the barkeeper that they would be coming back and stay for the night. The barkeeper agreed to it and asked for an advance payment, which Lerris promptly paid in full.

As he was about to leave, Lerris paused and looked at the barkeeper, "can I ask you something?"

The barkeeper leans forwards and smiled at him, "there are too many eyes and too many ears around young master, are you sure you want to ask me something?" she said quietly and cryptically.

Lerris smiled back at her as he walks back to the counter and leans towards the barkeeper, "Hagrid's farm" he said softly.

The barkeeper raised her brow as she gave him a wicked smile, before raising her hand and crooks her finger.