Epilogue

Lerris woke up feeling a bit refresh, and when he sat up, he casually glance at the naked woman lying beside her. Ioanna has her charms and some mystique, and most of all, she had a brains that could match him. She believe in progress quite ardently, mostly influenced by her mentor back at the Royal Academy in King Heights, especially by Lord Marshal Raiza, who now commands the entire army of the alliance after he had been relieved of its command nearly three months ago.

After gently caressing Ioanna's hair, Lerris gently stoop down and kiss her, and with a smile, he slowly get out of bed and walks towards the huge window. He always love the view from this place, as it has a commanding view of the city and the lake beyond, and at sunrise he could see the waters on the lake sparkle a bit. He only wish he had a coffee, or at least a cup of hot chocolate and this moment would have been perfect.

His wife had not been idle either, over the years, she had rebuilt her principality into an industrial giant, her engineers, all of the trained and school at the Royal Engineering Academy back in Sophia had made full use of their knowledge, from arms and munition factory, she was also able to establish her own research facilities dedicated to medical science. Trade schools had sprung up on the city, offering various courses from practical engineering to mechanics, and other trade skills.

She also built a large aerodrome outside of the city walls which facilitates the operations of all transport airships that ferries all of her goods outside of the country, after all, she was able to secure trade relations with the Romani enclave and the Midland Alliance since the crisis, and her own independent brigades had been hired out to the Romani enclave to secure the Tiberian walls.

Lerris heard a gentle rustle behind him, but he simply ignored it, as he knew Ioanna must have stirred and realized she was out of bed. Moments later he could feel her naked body behind him as she gently embrace him and puts her chin on his shoulder like she always did. And for a moment, he felt everything was alright.