Chapter 5

AN: It's been so long! And I have a reason for it. Well, two. The first being that Binjin wedding became my hyper fixation and I forgot about fanfics for a few days and the second that I changed a lot that I had initially planned for this chapter. I thought about going back to what I had first written but I wasn't happy with it and it took me a while to actually write this chapter as I wanted it. So... I really hope you'll like it! 

Oh, and how did you like the new cover for the story? All thanks to the awesome binjinnotclowns on twitter! Thank you so much ❤️

And at the end of the chapter I'll tell what would have happened on the story in my first draft (I think you'll like this one better). Happy reading and a hope you all have a great week ahead!

🏝️🏝️🏝️

Day 15

It was getting hot.

As summer reached its peak, the days were warmer and dry, and Jeong-hyeok woke to the sunlight creeping through the small window of the cabin. His shirt was clinging to his body due to sweat, and he blinked a few times before checking his watch. It was just past six and he was already awake. He stretched his arms and felt his neck stiff — two weeks of sleeping against a door would do that.

Glancing to his side, Se-ri was sleeping soundly — very soundly, as she was snoring — and had tossed the bed cover away from her, sprawled on the makeshift bed like a child in her pink satin pajamas. Her braid was loose and she looked almost cute, he let himself think. He thought she might be even drooling but thought it best to stay as far as possible.

Jeong-hyeok let out a silent laugh, carefully standing up and opening the door behind him.

Another sunny day.

He started doing what he had been doing every morning since they landed here — dhecking the fire, the SOS letters they did on the sand using leaves, checking his radio, and eating an apple before deciding to do something for breakfast. Fish would do, or at least would have to do. Truth be told, he was dying for some proper food, although he'd never say so to his castaway companion. Jeong-hyeok was pretty sure that he could live without fish for at least a year if they were rescued today.

All in all, he most wished he could cook something more appropriate for the hangover Se-ri would have, but the most he could do was get more water - and he did so. They had arranged a system to get water from the tree leaves which saved them time.

He would remind her to drink more water; she would have to keep herself hydrated today. He knew for a fact she didn't drink enough water the previous day so he was certain she would wake up with a nasty headache. She got drunk much faster than he did - and was way drunker than he was. One of them would have to keep sober, just in case something different happened.

Jeong-hyeok drank water and sighed. The sun was already blazing. Soon the waves would get stronger. It was best to fish early on days like this, he noted.

He doubted she would remember the kiss, or that he carried her back from the sand to the blankets she slept on every night.

It was just a kiss, after all. People kissed every day and sometimes it didn't mean anything; they were in a vulnerable, strange situation. It was almost obvious that they would eventually seek comfort in one another, right? He couldn't blame her for kissing him... although he kissed her as well. It was only natural. He had kissed women before. Not many to that matter - he was always focused on something else and he wouldn't give his personal life much thought. No one had ever come close to winning his heart.

He felt different with Se-ri, he wouldn't lie. She was attractive and annoying to the point he found her cute, smart, and cunning. And he had liked her even when he accidentally listened to her phone call on the elevator. But that didn't mean anything would have come between them in their normal, real life.