1. A win, win

Pepa was perplexed, as Mirabels door vanished and turn into dust.

She watched as the five-year-old had a look of confusion and horror, she waited for Julietta to bring Mirabel to the nursery to shield her from the stares and the whispers.

But it didn't happen. Soon she realised she was pulled aside by Alma, her mother instincts kicking in she scooped up the girl in her arms.

Bringing her to the nersury, she had said reassuring words to the little girl.

"Are you sure Tia Pepa..?" Pepa nodded, giving her sobrina a loving smile, "You are still special, Mirabel."

"Remember that." Pepa connected their foreheads, something she used to do for Bruno to calm him down when they were younger.

_______

"You're going to what?" Pepa stared at her mother, "It's either that or sending her away. Out of the Encanto."

Pepa was speechless, send a five-year-old out of the Encanto?

Send her to relatives she doesn't even know or have a connection with.

"Mamà--!" Alma raised her hand, "I can not have my perfect daughters perfect family be ruined."

Julietta's family did seem 'perfect'.

Isabela, was following in the footsteps of her mother to become the perfect Madrigal grandchild.

Luisa, was the most efficient and helpful. With an extraordinary gift to lift anything with ease.

Pepa mentally scoffed, Screw perfect. Your daughter needs most right now!

"No." She said, as calmly as possible, "What?" Pepa crossed her hands "I said no."

Pepa looked towards the silent couple to her right, they had their heads down.

"Juli, you can't possibly have agreed. Right?" The couple just stayed silent.

This is what pisses Pepa off, the fact that Julietta can never say 'No' to her Mamà.

She may be older but she needs to grow a spine.

Pepa thought, and to think that her older hermana has married a man who also can't say no.

If it were Felix he would be losing it right now.

"Pepa, it's for the great or good. Bruno left after I asked him for a vision about Mirabel, that must mean something, that she could be a danger to the Encanto."

"Hah!" Pepa laughed sarcastically, "A little girl? How can a little girl be a threat to the Encanto!?"

"Pepa, please.." Julietta begged, "I see.." Pepa straightened.

"So you're just going to give her up.."

Thunder strick

A cloud appeared above on Pepa's head, a storm cloud to be specific.

"She'll be my daughter then." The red head clenched her fists, their was a moment of shock in the room.

But before any of them could come up with a retort Pepa started speaking again, "You wanted Mirabel out of Juliette's perfect family. You're getting just that."

"Mirabel will be Camilo's gemelo, You can conjure up anything to make the story fit."

"But this. Is a win, win. I get to have another daughter while Mamà gets her perfect Juliette's perfect family intact."

And with that she left, slamming the door of Abuela Alma.

Apologizing to Casita afterwards.

She let out a sigh, Mirabel was going to be her responsibility now and she's going to be ready for it.