chapter two

missy moreno's pov:
some kids think ive got powers since my dad is the leader of the Heroic's, the most powerful superhero's on the planet. "just grab it!" a girl shouted, "im trying!!" i struggled trying to reach it while the girl lifted me on her shoulders. "cant you just fly up there or something?" i was so close to punching these kids i almost fell, "i cant fly!" i said loud enough for them to get it in their big heads i had no power. another kid said "use your magnet hands!" what. even. is. that. "i dont have magnet hands!!!!" the girl that had been lifting me up grunted "hurry! im getting tired!" im so useless, "how about hurricane breath?" a kid said "hurricane breath? thats not even a thing. wait."

"whats up did she get it!" ughhh no matter how hard i try these kids will never understand. "she tried but she doesnt have powers." thank you!

but you're...

"Marcus Moreno's kid. I know its weird."

the ball fell down and the kids stared at me "not me. gravity." one of the kids thanked me "you're welcome." just then someone came up to me who was previously in a black car and she looked like some like agency buisness woman? the woman came to me "Missy Moreno?" uhh whats going on? "yes." the lady had an unreadable face, "you'll need to come with us." the news came on, on the radio in the car. What was described earlier today as merely telescopic observations... "so where are we going again? and why?" i asked confused. ...above the Earth's atmosphere is now confirmed to be something more serious, causing a mass mobilization of superhero personnel...

what mobilization?
what is believed to be an alien?
can you turn it up?
wait, wait. did they say "aliens"

my bracelet began blinking, a message from dad? "dad? dad, whats going on?" my dad sounded pretty relieved and normal, "Missy, where are you? are they moving you to headquarters?" i looked at my surroundings and to my surprise we were at a big building which appeared to look like a headquarters at least to me. "i think so." i muttered, the last thing i heard from him being a blank sounding "good."

dad?
not worried. not worried..

soon i found out i would have to stay here in a little program classroom learning thing with the rest of the children of the Heroic's. do I really have to go in? because I won't fit in i just don't belong. I mean, I'm different from all of them. besides, my dad doesn't fight anymore. and after my mom died, he promised that..