Happier?

☽ ⭂—⭈ ✯

I woke up, surprisingly with little pain. Hopefully the treatment worked. I looked down at my legs, the removal looked like it had gone well.

"How you doing, Y/n?" Viessa asked, walking into the room.

"I'm okay, how does the prosthetic look?"

They pulled something out from under their work table. A sturdy looking leg was taken out, it seemed to be made out of some kind of wood, the pieces of bark being held together by a shiny metal. Engraved in it were small spirals, which were ocean runes. Small wisps of wind and waves seemed to surround the tattoo-like runes.

"Your friend told me you were an ocean mage of sorts so I thought these would look nice." They smiled, noticing my glance towards the runes.

They helped me get off the bed I had been lying on, I used the wall for support while they secured the leg.

"It's beautiful, Viessa. I can't thank you enough." I said, giving them a hug.

"It's no problem, I hope the leg works out for you on your journey. It'll take a bit of getting used to but you should master it in no time!" They said, handing me the blueprint they promised. "Your right leg is still healing so i'd be careful with it." Viessa added. I nodded.

I walked out of the room to see the others, Rayla seemed anxious, probably hoping that I was okay. She perked up upon seeing me.

"Y/n!" She yelled, running up to hug me. After she let go, she kept her hands on my shoulders.

"I was so worried, it went well, right?"

"Yeah! Thanks for the ocean runes." I said, knowing she was the one to tell Viessa that.

"Oh.. Your welcome.." She said, looking away. A faint blush on her cheeks.

"Ahem. Glad you okay Y/n! But we have to get going, remember?" Callum said, interrupting the moment.

"Right.."

We walked out the hut, waving to Viessa.

"Safe travels!" They wished us, their figure getting smaller as we ran off into the forest.

————-

After riding through the forest, we came to a halt after sound was heard from above.

"Someone's coming." Noted Rayla.

She got off her mount, and I let go of her waist. Rayla got her blades out, ready to fight.

Someone with wings landed in front of us.

"Greetings travelers. My name is Naomi-Selari-Nykantia. But you can call me 'Nyx'!" They said.

Rayla threatened Nyx with her blades, pointing them at her.

"Ah! I should've guessed. You're the banished Moonshadow elf." Nyx said, pushing the blade down.

Rayla moved the blade back up. "What? What are you talking about?"

"I'm an emissary of the Dragon Queen. She received your message, and she sent me here to help you." She said, explaining herself.

Nyx mentioned that the letter stated 'human companions' and glanced at Callum & I.

Callum used his dorky accent and then revealed himself as the human all along, posing with his mount. I then mouthed a pathetic 'surprise!' when she glanced at me.