Home Sweet Home

Last 2 chapters weren't the best I admit. But I'm taking my time on this one. It's going to longer and hopefully worded better.

And since I feel like it I'm going to throw in another point of view in this chapter. I might do others too we'll see...

Comment who's POV you want to hear next.

•••

~Brittany's POV~

Another year. Another birthday. Woohoo.

18 years of life. Who would've guessed I'd make it this far? Certainly not me. That's for sure.

I looked around wondering where the hell everyone ran off to. Samantha is in the pack house watching tv, that I know for sure. Kind of hard to miss someone who literally despises your entire existence for some unknown reason. I mean seriously, who does she think she is? Some princess or something? Last time I checked I'm the Luna of this pack. But whatever.

I sighed as I looked around as much as I could without getting up. I may be lonely right now sitting by this fire, but that doesn't mean I'm about to make effort to find anyone. Triston is god only knows where with Tyler doing who knows what. Last time I saw them they were walking off towards the woods smoking. What else is new?

I'm alone. Wow. Of all the days for these assholes to disappear on me. Great. Thanks.

I scowled at the blazing fire in front of me. Who starts a fire in May? Not to mention in TEXAS of all places. Really Triston? This honestly wasn't necessary.

As I stared at the annoying fire, my past birthdays replayed in my mind. Asher and I use to always spend the day together before whatever elaborate party Triston schemed up. His parties usually end up lasting an entire weekend but I'm not complaining. The day usually started with Asher pouncing on me to wake me up. That routine also usually involved her screaming the happy birthday song at the top of her lungs like a hyena. Granted, Asher can sing when she tries but she did the hyena voice just to piss me off.

I snorted a laugh thinking back to last year. She started up her usual antics and I smacked her across the face with a pillow to shut her up. No one in their right mind would wake me up when I'm asleep. I'm not a morning person by any means. Hell Triston even knows not to do that. But for whatever reason, my best— EX Bestfriend did not have the same hesitation everyone else does. Although, I guess I really shouldn't have been surprised. She's the one person who wasn't afraid to piss me off. She knew me like the back of her hand. Sometimes maybe even better than I knew myself. But I never complained because it was mutual. I knew her just as she knew me. Funny how things change. People become strangers in the blink of an eye.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I took out the photo I kept in my pocket. The picture was taken almost 2 years ago on my 16th birthday. The last birthday I spent with Asher before she took off. We were both dressed casually. That year, Triston just did a bonfire and called it good. Huh? Guess he really has a thing for fire. What a pyro.

Asher had on her black leather jacket, black ripped jeans, a royal blue tank top that stopped just above her belly button piercing, and her black combat boots that she always wore. Her blonde hair was curled and pinned in a low side ponytail. I was dressed similarly. I had on ripped blue jeans and a red tank that also stopped just above my belly button piercing. My red hair was curled and fell around my face. Unlike Asher, I was wearing high top converse instead. The jacket I had on that night was no where to be seen in the picture. I probably stripped it off because I got too hot. Asher's psycho self never got hot. She always had that jacket on. Her mom gave it to her before she disappeared a few months before this picture was taken so I guess it wasn't really surprising she was practically glued to it.