Home Sweet Home pt 2

Addison walked around the front of the Camaro to meet Wes. He took her hand and led her over to where Brittany and Triston stood. I didn't even realize Wes knew them but then again, I guess there's a lot about Wesley Reynolds that I don't know.

I contemplated how I wanted to go about this. I have a plan forming on how to figure out the Russia situation but I need to know who I can trust. Or if there is anyone left in this pack that I can see myself trusting enough to work with.

Either way I can't make all my decisions up in this tree. With that thought in mind, I mind-link my girls, 'Whatever happens follow my lead. Don't attack unless I say otherwise. I'll explain later but right now we're just here to gather info.'

I don't wait for a reply. Instead, I launch myself from the tree, landing with a thud a few feet away. The girls followed closely behind forming a semi circle with me in the middle. All heads snapped in our direction. All except for Samantha.

Her eyes had been trained in my direction since the bark fell from the tree moments ago. We locked eyes as I glanced her way but she quickly averted them. Maybe I was wrong before. Maybe she did see us but chose to act like she didn't. Mmh weird.

Choosing to ignore that thought, I turn back to the small crowd ahead of me. After placing my hands in the pockets of my leather jacket, I stride forward with a half smirk on my lips. I keep eye contact with Triston, ignoring everyone else. If this isn't as complicated as I'm making it in my head then I don't want to seem weak. However, if I'm right and Triston isn't behind this then I still need to make Addison believe I do. So, singling him out seems like the best option. The party has gone eerily silent. Not even the music that was blasting earlier fills the air. All eyes are on me. No one is even daring to breath. Mmh this seems familiar....

I stop just in front of Triston. The keg stand is the only thing between us. Unsurprisingly he looks ready to rip me limb from limb judging from the way his face is contorted with rage. Brittany's on the other hand is frozen in shock, she resembles a deer caught in headlights. Her right hand is gripping Tristons left shoulder like her life depends on it and her right hand is dangerously close to spilling her cup of beer. Wes stands on the other side of Triston with one hand shoved in his jean pocket and the other locked in Addison's grip looking nothing but amused while Addison looks nothing short of pissed off. This is going to be fun!

I roll the tip of my tongue across the top of my teeth as I look around the rest of the party goers. All conversation has ceased the only noise is coming from the crackling of the bonfire. Even the grownups are dumbfounded.

Directing my attention back to Brittany I question, "So you gonna get me a beer or are you just gonna stand their gawking?"

She doesn't respond. Instead she offers up her own drink. Funny. I didn't think Brittany would be at a loss for words when we crossed paths again. In fact, I expected more yelling.

I took the cup without breaking eye contact.

"Girls would you guys like a drink?" I ask.
They must all shake their heads because after a few minutes Brittany has given each of them a cup too. Man I wish Elizabeth was here to see this.

"So this was the party you guys were planning on crashing?" Wes inquires with a pleased expression.

I chuckle at his lame attempt at acting surprised. "Playing dumb isn't cute love."