iiiv

It's Saturday, and Elyk was currently sweating like a sinner in church. Y/N and Helen envited him to hang out with them since, in Y/N's eyes, he was a lonely kid. The issue was that they were supposed to meet him at the park seven minutes ago. Did they ditch him? Do they not like him?! Are they going to make a loser out of him?!

Before he could think of any other scenario, he heard someone call out his name. He turned around and saw
Y/N waving her hand at him, Helen right behind her. Once they were near enough, Elyk noticed that they were out of breath.

"I'm- I can't- I'm sorreh... I'm sorry Elyk" Y/N tried to form a sentence while panting like she just ran a marathon. Helen was in a better shape than her, but still bad. Y/N cleared her throat. "I'm really,really,really sorry for making you wait Elyk, I swear I didn't mean to!"

"Oh- no, no! It's ok! I- uh, I don't mind if you're late." Elyk blushed in embarrassment. He just had to stutter, didn't he? Helen also apologized right after. Elyk, being Elyk, forgave them without a second thought.

☆☆☆

The three kids hang out for about three hours. They talked about their interests, played with the playground stuctures, made friends with a stray dog, amd got some ice-cream. It was safe to say that they all enjoyed their hangout.

Helen told Y/N and Elyk that he had to go home for some family thing, so the two classmates were left together. "So, uh...a-are we considered- umm, friends?" He shyly asked. He looked tense, as if he just insulted the thing you love most and now you were out to kill him.

Y/N stared at him, then started giggling. Elyk's cheeks turned red as he turned his head away, hugging himself to feel at least a bit of comfort. He was scared he had offended her. "Of course, silly! The three of us are officially best friends!"

Best friends. They were best friends. The three of them. Elyk felt so happy at the moment. His dream finally came true! He teared up and pulled Y/N into a bone-crushing hug, thanking her multiple times. The girl didn't mind, and just smiled as she patted his back. The two stayed like that for a minute or two.

Elyk let go of Y/N and thanked her again, told her to take care, and ran towards his house. Y/N giggked and shook her head for a bit, amused by Elyk's behavior. Looking at her amazing Dora watch, she saw that she still had half an hour before she has to go back home.

☆☆☆

The sound of tapping could be heard in Helen's room. Helen was tapping his fingers on his desk, biting his poor pencil as well. He wanted to draw something, but his motivation just had to abandon him. He groaned and slammed his head onto the table.

He lift up his gaze and stared at everything in his room, hoping to find some inspiration. His blue eyes then landed on a little flower bouquet in a purple vase, sitting on his little bedside table. It was a gift Y/N gave him four days ago. Helen took great care of it. One could say he treated the gift as his own child.

Boom, motivation. He quickly scrambled to get his painting supplies and took a small canvas, and begain painting. I mean, what else would he do with paint?

☆☆☆

Monday soon arrived, and the town's kids were dreadfully headed to school. Y/N and Elyk had always wondered why is school so important? It doesn't really help your future, so why bother.

Helen was pretty much the only one who doesn't complain. Out loud at least. After a while, Y/N found her seat and sat down. She was three minutes early, only a few other kids present in the classroom. A redhead was spotted walking into the class. Y/N waved her hand at Elyk. He mirrored her gesture with more enthusiasm and joy, which warmed Y/N's heart.

He sat down in his seat, cursing the person who arranged them. He could've been sitting beside Y/N, but no, he was stuck beside a mean looking gal. For some reason, the girl sometimes throws nasty glares towards the angel named Y/N. However, even Elyk knew not to pry into people's business, so he let the brunette glare at Y/N.

The bell suddenly rang, and kids flooded the room. Ms. Calmet was the last to enter, her hands clutching her bag. 'She has nice nails today. How did they grow that fast?'
Y/N wondered. Spoiler alert: Ms. Calmet's nails were acrylics. Said teacher greeted the class and began teaching them.

☆☆☆

Elyk was yet again invited to hang out with his favorite duo. When the three kids got to the park, Helen opened his bag. Two days ago, Helen decided to make a gift for Elyk and Y/N each. Although he was closer to Y/N, he still made a gift for the other boy. If he didn't, it would be very impolite and rude. That, and something about Elyk made him feel comfortable. He even took less time to warm up to him. If Y/N knew that, she would be proud and jealous, the good kind of jealous.

"Hey, um... I made you guys some...uh, g-gifts?" Helen managed to say. He was worried they wouldn't like the gift and tease him. Y/N noticed he was acting a bit off, and asked if he was ok. Helen nodded his head and took a deep breath. He took the canvases out of his bag and gave them to their respective owners.

Both of them gently grabbed the paintings with stars in their eyes. Y/N's canvas had a daisy with a miniature
fairy-like creature beside it. The painting mostly consisted of soft colours and pastels, while Elyk's was full of neons and bright colors. His had roller-skates with various doodles surrounding it.

Helen then found himself ingulfed in a hug. The two kids thanked him endlessly. Hesitantly, Helen wraped him own arms around them, resting his head between theirs.

☆☆☆

A/N: sorry if updates are slower/less. I currently have exams.

W.c.: 1072