- 15 -

I still have a lot to show in Daniel's POV so....☺️😏 Enjoy!

               DANIEL'S POV

I watch my dad's car zoom down the road, its black sleek shell glimmering under the morning sun and soon, is out of sight.  I greet the gatekeeper with a bow and walk towards the school's main entrance. The wind blows my tie to the side and I adjust it, a smirk etch on my face. I don't know the reason behind the smile though. Is it the image of winning the science quiz and watching Sam's expression or the thought of the great time students will have in this event?

I stroll into the school building and my swift movement down the hallway is interrupted when Nora's arms flings to my shoulders. I didn't notice she was among the students trudging in and out the hallway. She pulls me to her and cages me in her arm. The harsh scent of her perfume punches my nostril before strangling the air out of my lungs. It is like it threw a rope around my neck and just kept pulling. She lets go and I'm quick to ask, "What perfume did you use? Geez, woman! It's too harsh".

Her brows shoot up. "Harsh? It's the bestselling perfume. I just bought it".

"Does that mean you have to bath yourself with it?"

"I didn't bathe myself with it," she hisses and eyes me. "But...whatever! I don't want to fight this morning so...good morning, my love".

I'm about to roll my eyes when I spot the makeup she is wearing. She pouts and winks at me. "Students aren't allowed to wear makeup".

She chuckles, "It doesn't matter as long as I'm perfect, darling. Forget about that".

"You shouldn't be..."

She cuts me short by placing her index finger on my lips.

"Don't talk," she whispers. "Let's just have a great time".

My mouth snaps open as I'm about to chastise her but they hang agape, my eyes travelling to the eyes of that girl, the one I found myself worrying about. She is in the hallway too. She averts her gaze and speedwalks beside me. I sigh and glance over my shoulder at her retreating figure. It's heartbreaking how the cloud of sadness still hovers around her. It hurts to see her drooping posture as though she is carrying the world on her shoulder, maybe not the world but a bucketful of pain and sorrow. She's moving but not living. She's on this earth but not existing. She needs to find a sunshine, her smile.

"Who are you looking at?" Nora asks and her index finger hook my jaw and she moves it till I am facing her.

"Daniel," a familiar female voice echoes in the hall. The Assistant headgirl waves at me with a smile imprint on her face.  "Good morning".

"Good morning, Daisy. How are you today?"

She chuckles as she walks towards us and fans her face with her hand. "I'm already stressed like this".

"Why?"

"The program for today na"

"Oh yeah. I know...but what have you been doing?"

She shakes her head. "I will tell you soon but for now, let us check the hall and its decoration. We need to even check if the people participating in any event are available".

"Okay," I respond.

"Yeah! Because the schools we invited will be coming soon"

I nod and take some steps away from Nora. It's annoying how she stands so close to me. Does she want to enter me?

"Nora, won't you come and help us? You have just been playing since," Daisy exclaims.

"Playing ke? Please oo. Mind yourself," she snarls and take some steps closer to me.