Chapter 1

bailey's POV

bonnie and damon were back. everything was back to normal. or so i thought. everyone, especially bonnie and damon. I mean, i was happy that that my sister and my bestfriend were back from the other side... but no one ever tells me anything, so them being weird is making me worried.

"why is everyone acting so weird?" I take a second to glance around the room at everyone. elena, caroline, damon, stefan, bonnie.

"weird? we're not acting weird?" Damon quickly responds.

"yes you are. you're my best friend. i always know when you're acting weird. and bonnie," i turned to her, "you're my sister, the same goes for you." they both look at me.

"and elena and caroline... you guys whispering with those two," i point over to bonnie and damon, "isn't sitting well with me either, considering the worried looks on your faces. what happened back there?" i say referring to bonnie and damon's time on the other side in the prison world.

"lets just say..." elena starts off, "there is a sociopathic witch who is the... owner of the prison world." god she sounded like she was putting this whole explanation into baby terms for me.

"okay, and? she's in the prison world, why does it matter?" i ask with a blank expression, slightly annoyed at the way elena was talking to me like child.

"correction. he... but if you'd let me finish," she said in a tone that seemed to reciprocate mine. "there is an ascendant in the prison world that he is attempting and has attempted to use many times to get out to merge with his twin, Jo and rule the coven. he want's to finish what he started in 1994. killing off his family."

"wait w h a t?" i say. "that sounds absolutely ridiculous!" I shut my eyes. randomly, i start getting more annoyed. they sound like they're making up stories, i suddenly get irritated with the way i see things in black and white. that was one of the worst things about it. it always seemed to randomly make me angry. the fact that i couldn't see the way everyone i knew could made me feel left out as a whole. now that they've been keeping things from me only made it worse.

ive always tried to imagine what the world actually looks like. people have ruined that for me forever... i used to think leaves on trees were pink, until bonnie told me they were green... i cant see rainbows, i cant see anything but dull grey. it was depressing.

i sat down on the arm of the couch next to me and put my head into my hands. i felt like crying but i couldn't. so i just stared into the darkness of my head buried in the palms of my hands. i could feel everyone's stares burning into me, but i was in the middle of an episode, i didn't care. i guess they could see that and everyone but damon left. he just sat next to me in silence waiting for me to get over my little meltdown

damon's POV

seeing bailey upset wasn't something i liked to see. but keeping this from her was only keeping her safe. kai... ugh i hated the sound of his name, even if its just a mere voice in my head saying it. she wasn't supposed to know he was her soulmate. it wasn't supposed to happen and the universe wasn't to put this in place for her. he was stuck in the prison world when she was born, there was no way they could have met. until we figured it... if they were soulmates, it was set in stone that he would be back eventually. it could be soon, it could be later. but he isn't aging and she is, so it had to be sooner than anything.

suddenly, her head popped up and she looked... terrified, but amused at the same time. she was staring straight ahead into thin air.

"damon...," she managed to say through a sob as she started to tear up. i looked at her as she turned her head slowly to face me. "i... i can see. i can see color."

my face fell. the words i hadn't wanted to hear her soon had echoed through my ears. who knows what hell was to come now.

A/N : hey guys! WOW that escalated quickly, but after all, this is going to be quite a short fanfic. but i just wanted to check in and let you all know that i will mainly be posting on mondays. i say "mainly" because i also might post on fridays if i have time (like today) no particular times of posting, but i felt that the first chapter couldn't wait a whole week and i kind wished i would have posted the prologue and first chapter together so you guys weren't waiting for so long, but chapter one is finally here!!! thanks to everyone who is reading and i hope you enjoy! see you monday in chapter two! <3