●○• Preface •○●

●● INTRODUCTION ●●

Ten Years Ago

"Abre los ojos... open your eyes." Abuela whispers as the little boy opens his bright green eyes to a wonderous and magical candle that shimmered like fireflies. The candle twinkles as its brightness and warmth reflected on their skin.

"Wow! This is where our magic came from, Abuela?" Camilo curiously exclaims as his eyes examine every bit of the candle; softly touching the engraved design carved into it. Abuela chuckles and nods in response, "This candle holds the miracle given to our family."

Camilo lights up, as his lips curl at the word 'miracle.' His shoulders perk up as he excitedly scooted closer to Abuela. "Tell me that story again, Abuela! Pleaaaseee!" The five-year-old boy begged as he stared into Abuela's soft-natured hazel irises. "Camilo, it's almost time–"

"Please!" As Camilo extended his e's and s's. Abuela shakes her head, as she softly parted Camilo's hair in the middle, making sure it was symmetrical and presentable.

"Long ago, when my babies were born–"

Camilo gasped in excitement as he stared at Abuela in admiration and awe. Abuela brushes it off with a smile as she continued her story.

Abuela's words amazed the young boy as he softly followed Abuela's story about Abuelo and her children. He matches her expressions and gestures as he listened thoughtfully. Abuela was forced to leave her home which meant she needed to journey out to find a new one. Many joined them but the darkness did not take long to catch up with them.

"And your Abuelo was lost."

Camilo stared in silence as he caught a glimpse of Abuela's feelings peaking through her glossy eyes. Her eyes linger at the candle as she gets lost in the wonderous, sparkling frame.

"What happens next, Abuela?"

Abuela snaps out as she sees Camilo staring deeply into her hazel eyes. She repositions herself, licks her lips, and tries to go back to her tale.

"The candle grew brighter and next thing we knew, it became magical. It blessed us with a place to live, the most beautiful and wonderful place."

"The Encanto!" Camilo exclaims as his giddiness fills his eyes. Abuela caresses his cheek and nods, "the Encanto." Abuela continued to tell the young Camilo about the wonders of the miracle, the birth of Casita, and the gifts of her children. Camilo heard this story multiple times but his excitement never died down as he was always at the edge of his seat whenever Abuela told him this story.

"Tonight, this candle will give you your gift, mi nieto. Strengthen our community, strengthen our home. Make your family proud." Abuela encourages as she softly brushed Camilo's white poncho.

"I will make our family proud!" Camilo exclaims as he was bursting with pride. Fireworks start to go, as Casita softly nudged Camilo's elbow, showing him and Abuela the time. Abuela stood up and playfully replies to Casita, insisting that they were going. Camilo hurriedly wears his shoes as he opens the door for Abuela, with Abuela nodding and appreciating his young gentleness. Abuela grabs his arm which he hugged hers in return, as she leads the nervous yet excited Camilo downstairs.

"Do you think my gift will be as amazing as the others?"

"Camilo Madrigal, you are a wonderful gentleman." Abuela bends down to his height as she softly holds his chubby cheeks.

"Whatever gift awaits, will be just as special as you."

—————————————

•• DISCLAIMER ••

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to real-life events, real people, or real locales are used fictiously. Other names, characters, places, incidents are products of the author's imagination and any resemblance is purely coincidental.

Encanto belongs to Disney. All Art here belongs to me (@/aihammie).

—————————————

•• WARNING ••

Please take note that this fanfiction takes place in an alternate universe and is similar to the original source but with, of course, added imagination from the author. Any views or opinions do not intend to hurt or offend anyone. I apologize in advance if I end up hurting one's feelings.

There will be plot holes or unrealistic actions that will be displayed. That is why we hope that you would apply "the suspension of disbelief" and not think too deeply about the story.

—————————————

•• MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR ••

Hi! This alternate universe honestly started as a joke or a brain rot that happened overnight. I ended up drawing concepts, changing lyrics, and writing more headcanons and stories. Anyways, feel free to comment and vote. Enjoy and have lots of fun! 🌼☀️