Chapter 1: Casanova

Finally continuing the Blindsided AU after MONTHS! I've been sitting on this and when I realized that Bright Side was just not working I decided for this fic to finally see the light of day.

Please be aware of the tags, which will update as necessary. This is not a soft or fluffy fic. This fic will deal with heavy topics. The kids aren't alright.

Song of the chapter is Casanova by Mike Geno. MANY THANKS to the people of the MFM Community Server and my friends on the Date-Night Masses team!

---

  Selever groused as he stepped out of the car, his features carefully glamoured to hide his horns and wings. "I still don't know why I have to go to Catholic school. It's not like it's gonna matter with God."

Sarvente sighed as she straightened her skirt and cardigan, wearing her own glamour and appearing every bit as normal as the other mothers milling about the students shouting their goodbyes. "Because, Selever, this was the only school in the city still willing to take you. You've been kicked out of every public school in the district and no private school was willing until we found this one!" She grabbed his elbow and steered him forcefully to the front doors, making sure her crucifix was in full view at the conservative neckline of her dress. Selever winced.

"Ow! Mom, you're hurting!"

She let go with a glare. "It's what you deserve after all the trouble you keep causing! I don't know why you keep doing this, it's your second to last year of school! Can't you just be lazy and apathetic like other teenagers?"

He scoffed and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Whatever. The only good thing about not being homeschooled and in private school is that the uniform is basically what I wear every day anyway."

She rolled her eyes and forced him into a chair outside the main office. "Just...sit there and let me handle getting your stuff finished. Please, in the name of all that is holy, please just sit and be good darling."

He stretched out his legs and stared boredly at the wall across the way, not registering any of the faces that passed him by with their curious stares. He was used to people staring; even glamoured he had a fey-like, unnatural sort of prettiness to his features. He smirked at a gaggle of girls who were whispering and looking at him furtively in the corner, and gave them a little wave that dissolved them all into giggles and squeals.

"Hey, you the new kid?"

He turned his head, and was caught completely unprepared. A tall boy with striking pale features, dark curling hair pulled back in a low ponytail, and a wicked grin was standing beside him, also dressed in the school uniform of a maroon sweater over a white oxford and black slacks but with a silvery medallion around his neck was eyeing him. He looked the boy up and down.

"Who's asking?"

And then he felt it. The prickling of hairs on the back of his neck, the faint scent of ozone and sulfur mixed with peonies, and the faintest shadow of horns. He jumped as his mother stepped out and touched his shoulder.

"Okay honey you're all set! Now just—"

Her eyes narrowed and he could feel the malignant energy rolling off his mother. "Who. Are. You."

The other teen's eyes widened, and he bowed his head imperceptibly. "L-Lady! I didn't realize you were here!"

Selever felt his mother's grip tighten. "Do not make me repeat myself. What is your Name?"

The other boy looked like he didn't know whether he wanted to grovel or straighten his back. Finally he spat it out in a hurried whisper.

"Julius, ma'am. Devil class. I'm just here to finish my studies before returning to Malebolge, that's all! I don't want any trouble!"