Chapter 3: Villain

This is where the Mature rating on Ao3 starts coming in, and I'll be changing it here as well. 

TW: Implied drug abuse, slight sexual themes (but nothing shown), violence/blood.

The first two sections are more or less the same as the Drabbles I posted back in April/May, with some editing to fit the narrative better. If you remember those from Ao3 then congrats! If not, you didn't miss much. I've been sitting on those for a while trying to decide what to do with them, and they were what Flip Side was built around.

Song of the chapter is Villain by Stella Jang. MANY THANKS to GarbageChocolate and Artceps for their inspo and being so patient waiting for this.

---

  The wind of Hell was scented with sulfur and bloodlust. In the inner ring a battle was raging, the clash of swords and the screams of the fallen echoing over the sound of tortured souls, all stained with the blood of the dead. Stolas keened as he was shot from the sky, Beelzebub being devoured by their own maggots, a festering pile of flesh writhing with decay.

On the dias of the throne the last standing Prince of the Seven Circles, Asmodeus, was panting with the Spear of Longinus grasped in his blood-slicked grip. His opponent was wreathed in shadows, pink and blue eyes glowing like a predator in the low light. He spat.

"I am not about to let some upstart and her little lapdog take the throne! Lucifer Sarvente is the only Queen in the Nine Hells, brat!"

The figure chuckled, and stepped out. Her long amethyst hair was pulled back in twin braids wrapped around her head like a crown of thorns, her lopsided horns and devil's wings arching over her like an avenging angel. She was tall, almost of a height with Lucifer Herself, her black dress splattered with blood. In her right hand she grasped a silver sickle of hellforged iron; in the other, a holy sword flaming with light.

"I'm well aware of Her legacy, Asmodeus," she said, her voice lightly accented with a mortal tongue Asmodeus cared not to place. She raised her sickle, and her forces flocked to her side, imps and spirits cackling and chittering, giddy with the glut of fallen demon blood.

"Lucifer Sarvente has grown soft; She has decided to live amongst mortals and has fallen in love with the one who has sold Her his soul and become Her sworn knight." She casually lopped off the head of a passing demon who had seen an opening and failed to take it. She kicked the headless body to the side, and wiped the blood from her face.

"In Her fall, She has sired two children. The Antichrist has decided to fulfill His role and leads humanity to the darkness with partying and sinfulness, the idiot."

She slashed at Asmodeus with the flaming sword, and he dodged only to get caught in the side by the sickle. He fell, bleeding, to the ground and groaned as she planted one heeled boot on his chest, digging the spike into his ribs.

"The other has decided it was high time that there be a Queen in the Nine Hells again. And I am here to claim my crown."

Eyes widening, realizing his mistake, he felt the searing agony of a holy sword sliding in between the ribs of his chest, and he coughed once before blood filled his mouth and he drowned in it.

Rasazy wiped the blood from her sword and sauntered up to the throne, studying it. Her army of the disenfranchised legions of Hell cheered, and set about devouring the dead and dying. Sweeping her skirt beneath her, she perched herself on the Black Throne, crossed her legs, and smiled at the carnage. As if by magic, her general materialized by her side, Julius looking imposing in blackened silver armor as they both surveyed their army's victory bloodbath. He smirked darkly as he watched.