Chapter Twelve (cont.)

Ruth took his time cleaning up the bruises on Fei's torso, meticulously inspecting her for any other scratches or injuries. Once he was satisfied, he let out a long sigh, relaxing his shoulders. Fei opened her dark eyes which reflected the stars back into Ruth's and touched his cheek. He swore her fingertips were like matches, scorching his skin when she touched him.

"Thank you, Ruth," she whispered. "I feel good as new." Ruth averted his eyes but found them trailing down her neck, to her collarbone, to her exposed breasts. He flushed, sputtering, and quickly covered his mouth. It wasn't so much his modesty rather than his own embarrassment over wanting to stare at her like this forever.

When he finally gathered his courage, he placed his hand on her cheek. Her eyes looked so sad, but she still had a small smile on her lips. Ruth caressed her cheek and traced his fingertips down her jaw to her chin. Her skin was soft and silky, like the honey it reminded him of. Her eyes fluttered shut and she sighed contently. With her eyes closed, Ruth felt freer to stare at her under the moonlight, something he wouldn't have dared to do at the Tower.

He dragged his fingers down her neck and to her collarbone, which had healed nicely. Ruth had to push the thoughts of his lips on her neck as he absentmindedly moved his fingers down her shoulder and her arm. Suddenly he felt something inside of him swell up with a rush of heat forming in his chest.

More.

It was a concept wizards in the Tower were familiar with. They were trained in the pursuit of science. Knowledge. Discovery. Always, always more. But this time it was different. This wasn't his professors urging him towards a new discovery. This wasn't his family's expectations on him to be great. This was Ruth. And he wanted more.

"Fei." The word was almost as natural as a breath as he whispered it out loud. He closed his fingers over her hand and her eyes opened inquisitively. She began to sit up and Ruth wrapped his arms around her. She laughed lightly and leaned into him, hugging her arms around his waist. He could feel her breasts pushed up against his torso and the fire grew hotter.

He brought his hand to her cheek again and rested the tip of his nose against hers. He whispered her name again, running his thumb over her bottom lip. She smirked slightly — coyly — as she moved her mouth closer to his. It was so close he could feel the electric shock of a brush of her lips against his, if only for a moment.

"What is it you want, wizard?" she asked, teasing him. "If you have something to say to me, you might want to use your words."

"You." Ruth had barely let the words leave his mouth before crashing their lips together. The sensation almost knocked the wind out of him as her soft lips pushed against his. Now Ruth was convinced he had gone mad. His skin burned when he touched her. His insides were on fire.

He was setting himself ablaze.

"Ruth-" Fei whispered between kisses. Ruth's hands were greedily sweeping along the smooth skin of her arms and back. He drew in a sharp breath and kissed her again as his hand moved towards her breasts. She exhaled into him as he grabbed her flesh, rolling his thumb over her nipple. It was ecstasy.

Ruth whispered her name again as she drew his tunic over his head, barely parting their lips as she did. He normally would've shivered in the coolness of the night, but in this moment, he didn't think he'd ever be cold again. Her fingers seared his skin as they traced over his shoulder blades and down his back. She was hungry for him as well. Ruth felt something come over him as he broke the kiss and guided Fei back to the ground, giving in and placing his lips on her neck.

He covered her neck and collarbone with kisses as he quickly removed the rest of her clothing. Fei's eyes widened as she was left completely bare, but closed again as she became overcome with the pleasure of Ruth's lips on her breast. He could barely keep control of himself before she was fully naked, but now he thought he would go insane. Fei's chest heaved as he continued to cover her breasts with his lips, quiet moans escaping from her lips. Ruth's hand found hers and they laced their fingers together.

"Ruth, please-" Fei's whispers were cut short as Ruth brought his lips back to hers, kissing her more fervently than before. Fei's palm moved from his chest down to his trousers as she pulled them off his body. Ruth barely had time to be embarrassed as she stared at him, suppressing a smile. He must've looked insane. His chest was heaving as his desire grew and he could feel himself throbbing below the waist. He didn't care.

He wrapped his arms around Fei's back and kissed her again. He was the kindling and she was the spark that set him on fire. He didn't care if she burned him all up. Her arms wrapped around his back, pulling him closer to her as their skin melted together. One of her hands made its way towards his groin and he suppressed a groan from deep in his throat when she wrapped her hand around him.

He was growing impatient as she stroked him with her hand, burning him from the inside and out. Her gentle tugging made his hips move without him noticing and rose groans from his chest. He felt like his soul would burst out of his body if he was forced to endure this pain any longer. But at the same time, he never wanted the feeling to end.

It was both Heaven and Hell to be with her like this.

The whispers of their names muddied together as Ruth removed Fei's hand from him. He swiftly gripped Fei's thighs in his hands, parting them so he could see more. How is it that he needed more? He couldn't help but stare at her complete perfection under the moonlight.

He was a man on fire.

He basked in the sight of her honey amber skin, glistening with sweat, her lips slightly parted in a sigh, and her sharp eyes boring into him like she was seeing right into his soul. She knew what he wanted. And she wanted it too.

With a steady hand, he wrapped his arm behind her back and brought his lips to hers as he slowly pushed into her. He felt like he was about to die as he slipped further into her. Fei's fingers wrapped themselves around his wrist and squeezed as he entered. With the length of his penis sheathed completely inside of her, Ruth let out a haggard breath. Fei's lips let out a short sigh as the walls of her insides relaxed around him and Ruth brought his hand down to her waist.

Once adjusted, Ruth brought his lips to her neck again and thrust into her. Again and again and again. He felt his abdomen burning as he plunged into her and she let out moans that were the most beautiful sound in the world. Nothing existed in the world besides the two of them and Ruth felt himself losing control and melting into her. Fei's fingers grabbed for Ruth's shimmering hair and threaded her fingers through it, bringing his lips back to hers. He brushed his hand back over her breasts and down to her clit as she sighed into him, her abdomen tensing against his. He felt her walls spasm around him and thought it was the end of him.

Ruth felt his breath hitch as he released himself into her, feeling the heat inside of him slowly subside, but his skin remained alight. He caught his breath before pulling himself from inside of her, feeling her chest rise and fall beneath him.

Maybe this is madness.

They didn't bother putting their clothes back on, as they spent the night awake under the starry sky.

Ruth would never forget the image of Fei's flushed honey skin with her hair laid out behind her like the finest black silk.