Chapter 11

"Little Girl"
8 years ago

Jennie's Pov

No one knew, because no one cared

No one knew, because no one cared. I'm in between that I can freely move or I'm alone hunting for justice. Who would have suspected that the rumored deceased daughter of two samaritans overcome her illness?  My parents were not political or business-related professionals. They lived to serve the people without asking anything in return. 

As a child who was incapable of saving her parents, the least I could do is give them peace. Which I could only secure when all of those who did them wrong will perish behind bars. Their freedom in exchange for my family's. 

"This is Jennie, my wife" a questioning look painted Seulgi Kang's face, but it will not level the puzzled reaction of the man adjacent to her. I shivered when Lisa's arm snaked on my waist, uncomfortable I stepped an inch away. I held out my hand and spread a decent smile along my lips. 

"Jennie Kim" They wouldn't know, millions of Kim across the world, Jennie Ruby Jane daughter of Evan and Rebecca Kim died at 14 years old. Buried in a local cemetery in Seoul near a river. "What a beautiful young lady we have here" a boyish grin flattened from the man. 

"I'm Serio Kang, the owner of the Kang Industries and Seulgi's father" I shook his hand, his grip smoothen at the contact. I turned to face the one who was behind the wine, the woman was no near her friend in terms of faking guise. Lisa was a pretender to all and a liar to many.  

While Seulgi Kang presents her judgments and impression with no shame. This woman was glaring at me, mistrustful. "Seulgi, my father did the introduction, I do think I don't have to do that anymore." the handshake was a mere half a minute. 

"What made the Manoban heir visit our distillery" Sergio pulled out more glasses and nudge his daughter. Seulgi understood and poured wine for us, I glanced at Lisa. Her face was blank, I wonder what was going on inside her head. 

"Planning to steal your recipes," she said in a way it meant two things. For the entertainment and something obvious, but not for her but the man. Sergio chuckled at her statement, Seulgi didn't bulge.