Chapter 21: Bullets Pt.2

A/N: Trigger warning, blood warning 😬

Eddie's POV
A loud bang of a gun sounded throughout the jail as I instinctively put my hands above my face. I waited for the agonizing pain and the bright light of death waiting to come for me as the gun went off. But as I realized what had happened, the world came to a frozen, shocking stop.

Liv was pointing the gun straight at the leader's body, which lied limp on the floor. She had shot the leader instead of me. I couldn't see his face, only the terrified horror seeping into Liv's eyes when we realized his gun had also gone off.

"Gaege..." I muttered, suddenly realizing he wasn't moving. If the leader's bullet hadn't hit me, and it hadn't hit Liv, then...

"Gaege!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, feeling my voice give out as I dove for him. I managed to catch his limp, weak body, tears instantly springing from my eyes. "Gaege!" I said again as my voice shook, "No, no! This can't be happening!"

I brushed the soft, brown strands of hair that stuck to Gaege's face, seeing his scared, hazel eyes focus on my face. "E-Eddie..." He said weakly, his eyes tearing up, "I... I can't feel anything."

I looked down at his bloody hand that had been covering the large pool of blood seeping from his chest like poison, and I choked back tears. "No, you're okay," I said to him softly, trying my best to keep it together for him, "You'll be okay. We just need to call a hospital and- and..."

I couldn't say anything else when he picked up a slow, shaky hand to the side of my face. I grasped his pale hand tightly, no longer able to keep the tears from rolling down my face.

I couldn't face the wound in his chest, only stared into his eyes. My heart was pounding in my ears as I desperately held onto his hand, pressing my lips gently to his. The same sparks that I had felt ever since I met him began to form again, even if he was dying before my very eyes.

"This is all my fault," I tell him quietly, holding his fragile head on my lap, "I'm sorry, Gaege. Please, you have to forgive me. I- I love you so much." Gaege's eyes trailed over my face, his breaths becoming more shallow.

"I-I do." He said to me weakly, "I'll always love you, Eddie. I'm sorry I don't have more time with you."

I shook my head, sniffing as I frowned, "No! No, don't say that. We're going to make it out of this, okay? I don't care what happens, you're going to stay with me." A faint ghost of a smile began to form on Gaege's face, his eyes looking past my face.

"You know, I always dreamed of when we're older, we'd get our own house," Gaege began to say quietly, his hazel eyes drifting off, "And maybe even get married. Have our own kids. We'd live together and you would never leave me..."

"I won't," I say to him, bringing his attention back to me, "And we're going to make those dreams come true, Gaege. Just please, don't leave me again!"

His expression was soft, happy in a way, but I couldn't understand why. Gaege smiled weakly, placing his hand over mine, "I love you." His eyes fluttered closed, and I stared at him for a few seconds.

"Gaege?" I shake him gently, my voice raising as I sobbed, "Gaege?! No! Don't fall asleep! I'm here! Please!"

The blaring of an ambulance siren sounded outside, and the doors burst open. Cops and medical workers rushed in, and I snapped my head up to them. "Please! He needs help!" I scream, looking back down at him, "Gaege, if you can still hear me, I promise I'll do everything in my power to keep you alive."

Someone grabbed my shoulders, making me jump. "Sir, we need to get out of here," A lady with blonde hair told me as someone else approached us, "We will take care of it." They placed Gaege gently on a stroller, rushing him into the emergency van. "Wait!" I quickly got up, but the lady grabbed my arm.

"Sir, you need to calm down!" The lady told me, struggling to keep me still, "He needs to be rushed to the hospital." I pulled away, turning to her with a desperate expression, "He's important to me, please! I don't want to leave him!"

The lady pressed her lips into a line, but still shook her head, "I'm so sorry. I would do something if I can but... It's merely my job."

I turned back only to see the hospital van doors closing, but I still caught a flash of Gaege's unconscious face. "Gaege!" I screamed, running towards the van.

I suddenly felt someone hug me, realizing it was Mully. He was too strong for me to move, and I grew weak in his arms. "Gaege..." I muttered before collapsing in his arms.

A/N: Omg I was depressed while writing this and now I'm even more depressed like why ahhh... Sry, been having a rough couple of days as you can see. I hope you enjoyed this depressing chapter ima go cry now :')