Sulky Pete

Ae's POV:

I walked down the stairs making my way towards the cruel person seated in my house. He looked at me and smiled. "Hello Mr. Weir." I greeted him in a formal tone. "Hello Ae.... Well, I dropped by for some urgent work." He said.

I clenched my fist after hearing those words. What important work will he have at my house other than seeing Pete? "How is Pete doing?" he asked. "Look for yourself." I said and then called for James.

As planned, James appeared with Pete trailing behind him. I felt relieved seeing that James had done great work and made Pete look exactly the same like he looked when he had arrived. But what I didn't expect was Pete pulling off the act so well. He behaved the same way he would do when he was at Weir's place.

"Hello my son!! How are you?" Weir asked stepping closer. "I-I am f-fine." Pete replied while trembling in fear. I can see the satisfied expression on Weir's face as he looked at my innocent kitten. "Ae, I had stopped by to hand these medicines to you." Weir said showing a packet. I gestured James to take it.

"Is Pete not well?" I inquired. "Oh!! No no.... He is completely fine. He sometimes gets an anxiety attack that's why I give him these medicines. You see, he was small when his mother passed away and then, I was scared to lose him so I never let him out of my sight." He actually made a mourning face while he spoke so. If I haven't known his true self, I would have been easily fooled by him.

"Make sure that he takes them." Weir spoke gesturing to the packet. "Yeah... Sure sure..." I replied. He looked at Pete who was trying his best to keep his acts natural. "Mr. Weir, would you like to have some coffee?" I offered.

"No... I have some important meeting. I'll take your leave. See you soon Pete and behave yourself. Have a great day Ae." Weir said as he got up and began walking towards the door. I watched him as he pulled out of the premises and left my house.

The next moment, even before I could let out a sigh, there were more than one sigh I got to hear. When I turned around I saw all the maids and James looking in the direction of the gate. "That was close." One of the maid said. "Yes... I am glad that the monster left." The other said. "Pete, he is gone." James spoke. I looked at my stuff who was equally alert in protecting Pete like me. I couldn't help myself from smiling at the people in front of me.

"Great work everyone." I praised them. There were low thank you(s) whispered by everyone as they got dispersed leaving me and Pete alone in the hall. I looked at my kitten who was now looking at me. I cannot read what he was thinking.

"Come on kitten, let's change your clothes." I said stepping closer and then pulling him with his hand and heading towards his bedroom. "A-Ae, are you going to send me back to him?" Pete asked making me stop in my tracks and turn back to look at him.

"Why do you think so?" I inquired. I didn't expect this question from him. "Y-You made me wear this clothes. A-and now you will be g-giving those m-medicines. I will forget everything." He said with breaking voice.

"Do you really think that I will give you this medicines?" I asked. He looked at me for a while and then shook his head in denial. "No matter what kitten, I will never send you back. I have to act like that to convince Weir." I stated.

"But why?" he asked curiously. "If Weir comes to know that you are getting better will he allow you to stay with me? He will take you away. I wanted to make sure that he thinks that I am treating you the same way as he did at his place. Did you see that he left without asking a question?" I tried to press on the points making him realize that I was doing everything just for him.

"What if he would have wanted to take me with him?" he asked. "Then I would have stopped him. I had already told James what to do if he tried to take you away. No way I am going to return you back to him." I said.