25 | It's Not What You Know, It's Who

Y/N

I think Tom is going insane being stuck inside his apartment block. Honestly, he was doing really well initially as he adjusted to everyday life again; much better than I had seen other ex-inmates adapt. He started forming really great habits, he'd wake up and work out in the buildings gym, jog down to the little fresh grocer down the street and get that mornings breakfast ingredients, bring them home and eat out on the balcony.

Prior to jail Tom would get his groceries delivered but he decided that since the few stores down the road were amongst the only things he was legally allowed to leave the house for, he'd do his food shopping day by day. He loved it at first, he got to buy whenever ingredients he felt like at the time, so he got quite experimental with new recipes.

He is however, extremely bored once breakfast is over.

He looks great though, the gym is obviously working really well for him and his body. But with all the boredom and added testosterone, he's turned into a little sex pest whenever I come over. Seriously, he can't get his hands away from me. If I'm in the mood for sex, then it's perfect but Jesus fucking Christ he is bloody relentless.

He tried to keep his days preoccupied with reading books, swimming in the private pool on the balcony, watching television and gaming. That all got pretty old, pretty quickly. The swimming stuck though, that's now his afternoon routine. Which again, is more fitness.

I don't know how he's not exhausted from all the exercise by the time I go over to his place. I don't have set hours for my job and I can choose to work anywhere but I always go home to work so that I can set boundaries between us. I don't want to rush back into our old relationship.

I headed over to his house around half past seven, walking into his apartment to see him sizzling some sort of aromatic food in the the kitchen. This is probably the best part about Tom's house arrest, he has really gotten into cooking and I am all onboard for it.

"What's on the menu tonight Chef Holland?" I said tossing my handbag down at the door and breathing in the spices wafting through the air.

"Hello! I'm making grilled octopus with a Moroccan cous cous salad... Well, trying to at least," he said setting down the pan and quickly jogging over to kiss me on the cheek before returning to the stove top.

"God, it smells so good," I smiled, flipping down onto the couch in the living room.

His apartment was huge but the open plan layout allowed for me to still maintain a conversation with him on the couch as he cooked. He was cooking shirtless, which kind of baffled me because I assumed the oil from the octopus would be spitting at his bare torso and burning him.

"How was work?" He asked, which was sometimes his favourite question to ask me each day because he could live vicariously through me.

"I met with Dex who is one of my developer nerds? And he thinks we can encrypt a bot to cover all your video communication through your laptop," I smiled.

"Wait do you want a drink?" Tom asked me, standing still and grimacing at himself for not asking me sooner.

"Uh, a white wine if you have one open? If not, just anything," I smiled.

"I have the red from the other night or I have beers... They're pale ales though which are light," he offered, leaning against the fridge door. I smiled and asked for a beer, being in the mood for something lighter than a red wine right now.

He opened it with his teeth which made me cringe with a shiver up my spine, before walking it over to me and putting it on a coaster. I reprimanded him for doing such a thing to his teeth and he apologised; although I knew it wouldn't be the last time.