chapter 3

Y/n's journey continues.  He is still trying to get used to this new life.   Y/n finds material comforts, small things that make it a little bit easier. 

Currently, Y/n is talking it easy with some relaxing on a hammock. 

His very light nap was disturbed by Shala as she walks up. 

Y/n opens his eyes and sees her.

Y/n: Hello.

Shala: Husband.

Y/n: What do you want?

Shala: I was thinking that maybe we could go somewhere.

Y/n: I don't want to go anywhere, especially with you.

Shala gets angry but calms down.

Shala: How about if I prepare some dessert for you to eat?

Y/n: No.

Shala sighed.

Shala: Well, if you're going to be difficult.

Shala suddenly lifts Y/n up and starts to carry him. The obvious reversal of what normally happens in these scenarios is embarrassing for Y/n.

Y/n: Put me down!

Y/n begins to squirm to no avail.

Shala: No.

Y/n stops struggling and accepts his current fate. 

Shala carries him to a nice little cliff with a beautiful view.  She places him down and he gets comfortable.

Y/n: I'll give you credit, you picked a nice spot. 

Shala: I know of a thousand places with a view like this one.

Y/n: And yet this is the first one you've shown me.

Shala: Maybe if you weren't so difficult, I'd show you more.

Y/n scoffs.

Y/n: Maybe if you had a heart, I'd be more open to the idea of us being together. But all you've shown me is that you are a monster with no remorse.

Shala: That is what I need to be in order to get what I want. To ensure my place as an empress.

Y/n: That's a fool's argument. Fear over love? Maybe that's good, until you need the people. Once they see you at your weakest, they'll strike you down to save themselves.

Shala scoffs.

Shala: You assume I show them weakness.

Y/n: If you say so. Anyway, I heard the rumors.

Shala: Of mortal Kombat?

Y/n: Yes, is it true that NOW the elder gods intervene!

Shala: Yes.

Y/n looks out into the distance.

Y/n: That's just how it is, isn't it? It always happens before or after. The people before can take some happiness in the fact, while the ones after, have only sadness.

Shala looks at Y/n.

Shala: I know of a way to spite them.

Y/n looks at her with intrest.

Shala: Fight in the tournaments with Outwold.  Prove that they should've offered that protection sooner! 

Y/n looked towards the sky with anger.

The elder gods stood idle while his realm was absorbed.  And his anger would influence his actions.  A decision that he may regret. 

Y/n: I'll fight in the tournament. I'll grab my sword.

Y/n walks away as Shala smirks, she just awoken the sleeping tiger. 

In a month, the first tournament has begun. 

The warriors of both realms gather in Edenia.

The warriors of Outworld are proving to be inferior in this generation of fighters. Most of the great fighters died in the Iron Vale. 

Y/n is the only left standing after the first round. He now faces the remaining Edenian warriors.

They look at him.

Y/n draws his sword.

Y/n: I'll face you all at once. Don't hold back, or else you'll die like a fool!

The warriors accept the challenge and charge at Y/n.

They attack in groups of two, when Y/n would gain distance from one, the next would cut him off.

But none of them could finish him off.  They managed to get a few nicks, but nothing solid.

Y/n smirks.

Y/n: You are no match, for the prince of the Iron Vale!

Y/n begins to slaughter the warriors group by group.  

Y/n stands victorious with blood soaking his body. He gains a sadistic smile.

King Jerrod and Queen Sindel look down from their seats at Y/n.

Sindel: The Iron Vale? I thought they were all dead.

Jerrod: It seems one lives.  

The spectators look at Y/n in horror. But Shala looks at him with a smile, she managed to unchain the beast inside. And it's hungry for blood.

Y/n would go on to win the other tournaments.  After the tenth win, outworld's forces are mobilized for war.

Will Y/n snap out if his rage, or will he succumb to it forever.