chapter 5

With Edenia merged with outworld. It comes with difficulties.

Unlike when the Iron Vale had Y/n as a figurehead to look up to. Edenia has nobody.

But that's not the only difficulty. Another is done by introducing a baby into the mix.

Y/n doesn't like the idea of sharing a bed with Shala. But at least she suffers with him. 

Nightly crying can be heard in the crib near the bed.

Both of them awake to the sound.

Shala: *growls* Please. Quiet the child.

Y/n gets up and walks over to Kitana. He picks her up and starts to figure out what's wrong.   He figures out that it is a simple diaper change.

Shala: I don't know why you insist on keeping her.

Y/n: Because, I made her my daughter. You would never understand what it means to actually care for someone other than yourself. You haven't cared for anyone.

Shala: Only because you believe that.

Y/n: *sarcastic* Really? Then who have you cared for? 

Shala: You.

Y/n: Yeah right. You are a liar.

Shala: As I said, only because you want to believe it. 

Y/n: You can't fool me. 

Shala: I don't need to, you fool yourself enough.  

Y/n scoffs and rocks Kitana to sleep before putting her back to bed.  

This became a routine. 

However, Shala couldn't just let Y/n have a bit of happiness. She had to get some of her own, a daughter worth her attention.

Shala causes the creation of Mileena.  But she wouldn't receive a warm reception.

Y/n walks into the royal chambers to see Shala holding Mileena. At first Y/n felt a sense of relief, believing for just a moment that she's finally accepted Kitana as a daughter. Until she sees Kitana in her crib.

Y/n: Shala? Whose child do you have?

Shala: Ours.  

Y/n: Ours is in the crib. 

Shala: No, OURS is in my arms. Since you wouldn't let me have a child, I used alternative methods. 

Y/n knew exactly what she meant.

Y/n: You didn't!?

Shala smirks

Y/n: You defied nature and created an abomination. 

Shala: I created the perfect warrior. Magic and science in perfect harmony, that is what Mileena is. A heir worthy of the throne. 

Y/n was beyond angry, but there was nothing that he could do. 

Y/n has to learn to accept this new child. 

That however, would be difficult. But one night can change anything. 

Y/n wants to destroy this perversion of nature.  And is determined to do so. 

One night, he sneaks out of bed with a dagger in hand. He walks towards Mileena's crib.

Looking down at this baby, he can see the resemblance to Kitana. But he is not swayed.

He slowly raises his dagger, his breath grows heavy. It takes every ounce of will in his body to convince himself, that this is the right thing to do. But fate would make his decision.

For the first time, he heard Mileena cry. The usually quiet child, has finally made noise.

Y/n's eyes shoot wide open. The cries activated his paternal instincts, not allowing him to convince himself that he would be justified in killing this abomination.

Instead, he drops his dagger and scoops up Mileena in his arms. The baby is cold to the touch.

Y/n: *softly* You're cold. No wonder why you're crying.

Y/n warms the baby and then places her back in her crib, making sure to cover her up.

Y/n sighs.

Y/n: *whispers* What am I doing?

Suddenly Y/n hears the sound of a single footstep hitting the ground.

He looks around and sees nothing, but he isn't assured.

Suddenly he is grabbed from the sides. He wrestles his attackers away.

Y/n: Let me go!

His yells wake Shala up, she springs from her bed and grabs her hammer from under the bed.  But in the darkness, she is blind.

Shala: What's going on?!

Y/n notices a figure going to grab Mileena. 

Y/n delivers a headbutt to the figure grabbing his right arm, forcing him backwards. Y/n grabs the figure that's about to grab Mileena. He hurls the figure out the balcony.

He begins to wrestle with the other figure that is holding him, his friend that Y/n delivered the headbutt to begins to wrestle with Y/n again.

Another figure appears and grabs Kitana and jumps out the window.

Shala manages to make out the figures and swings her hammer at the two that are holding Y/n.

Y/n is freed.

Y/n: Kitana!

Y/n dives out the window the kidnapper went through. 

He notices the figure making a run across the rooftops.

Y/n chases the figure. He notices some iron legionaries on guard below him.

Y/n gets their attention with a yell.

Y/n: Seal the palace! They have kidnapped princess Kitana!

The confused legionaries scramble to get the word out. 

Y/n chases the figure and a portal opens. The figure jumps through the portal and it closes. 

Y/n: NO! 

Y/n stops dead in his tracks and falls to his knees. He let's out a wail of anger and sadness.

He has no idea who has taken his daughter, or why. But he will find a way to get her back. For the wrath of the Iron Legion, is unleashed.