Regulus Black {Angst}

Summary: Sirius tells (Y/n) that Regulus is a Death Eater but she doesn't believe him.
Warnings: Angst, break up, shouting, swearing, pet names (love, darling etc)
Song prompt: No Time to Die - Billie Eilish

You were stunned by what you'd just heard, you turned your head towards your boyfriend. The words of his older brother ringing in your ears.

"(Y/n), Regulus is a death eater."

The words ate at you alive, wondering if you wanted to believe your best friend. Where had he heard this information anyway? You thought many things during your walk- more like sprint to his dorm.

You kept making situations in your head which possibly could make the situation easier on you, you didn't want to believe what Sirius had said just moments before you bolted out of the room.

Speaking the password, the Slytherin common room doors opened allowing you through to the living area.

Regulus' head turned rather quickly at your arrival, standing up and wrapping his arms around you, wondering what this sudden visits was about.

"Tell me that it's not true," you begged. "Please tell me it's not true."

You couldn't see his face due to the well of tears on your waterline, tears slipping down your cheeks against your demand. You didn't want to believe it, you couldn't believe it. Regulus was nothing but nice to you, how could he betray you and his brother by joining them?

Regulus shushed you, wrapping his arms around you once more before he leaned down and whispered into your ear, "What's wrong love?"

Suddenly you felt angry at him, for you there was a thin line between anger and hurt. The two mixed together quite easily, sometimes you found it hard to realise which it was out of the two you were feeling.

Pushing your body away from Regulus' you took in a few heavy breathes, shaking your hands and head trying to wake from the nightmare which surrounded you.

"You know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about Regulus." You tried to sound serious but your words were choked by your tears and frustration.

He tried to step closer to you, resulting in you stepping further away. "I don't know what you're talking about darling, if I did then maybe I'd be able to help."

Shaking your head you swallowed your visible hurt, wiping the tears which leaked from your eyes with the back of your hand. "Show me your left arm."

Panic rose through Regulus' body and you saw it, you saw the hesitation as he pulled his sleeve up revealing the Death Mark.

"Oh my god," you repeated multiple times before you could even bare to look back at him.

"Who told you?" Frustration flew through Regulus now, wanting to end whoever it was which had ruined his perfect relationship.

"That doesn't fucking matter Regulus!" You screamed, "You got the fucking Death Mark and didn't even care to tell me? You didn't double think yourself before getting it?"

"I didn't have a choice, I didn't want to drag you into it because frankly it's none of your business (y/n)." Regulus shouted back.

You took two steps back before looking at him with angry eyes, "Was it obvious to everybody else?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Regulus' chest rose with annoyance and anger, still wanting to know who to blame.

"That I'd fallen for a lie," you sobbed once more. "You were never on my side, were you?"

"There are no sides here." Regulus stated, toying with the ring on his finger, looking down at the girl who admired him only yesterday.

You scoffed, bringing your hands to your face and dragging them down. "I was so stupid, I should've listened."

Regulus took a hold of your wrists, not letting go of you even when you thrashed against his grip. "(Y/n), who told you?"

His voice was calm but now that didn't mean anything, nothing he ever said would mean anything ever again. Every word which fell from his lips was a lie, and now you knew it.

"Sirius." You finally gave in, looking down at the pair of shoes in front of you.

Regulus clicked his tongue before bringing his finger under your chin, forcing you to look up at him. "I love you, (Y/n)."

You wanted to give in so badly, you wanted him back. Even though he was a Death Eater you still loved him, of course you loved him. You'd spent months with him in your embrace, walking around Hogwarts like it was your own playground just for the two of you.

After being silent for a while you sighed, holding the wrist which held your face. "I love you too Regulus, trust me I do."

There was hope in his eyes, you could see it so doing this would hurt ten times more but you couldn't just stand to the side and allow him to continue like this.

"Choice or not, I can't love you like this. I'd rather you get disowned like Sirius than go along with this shit." You spat the last part, bringing his hand from your chin and back down to his side.

"Goodbye Regulus." Your voice croaked as you walked away, wiping away the new tears which formed.