⚠️ [50] - trepidation

a/n: welcome back~ i can't believe i've written 50 chapters of this fanfic! 🤯

ps: this man aged beautifully 🥺😭

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Why are you doing this?" Hoseok's gaze looked as if he was shooting daggers from it, all the while his hands were up to the back of his head.

Despite of his cold exterior, no one in that corridor knows how much his heart truly wavered. Especially when the man that's pointing the gun to his head was his own 'father'.

-ˏˋ. ~ 𝓪 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓶𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓸 ~ ˊˎ-

Time continued to tick as they waited for Jae to make his appearance to the promised place. It was just five of them at the private room of the fancy restaurant; Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Seokjin and of course, Hyuna herself.

After the deeper investigation, Hoseok shared his findings to the rest of the members. It was confirmed that all of the recent raids at their territorries were caused by Jae.

The streets were whispering about the high possibilty of the mad man wanting to initiate a war against Bangtan. And their guess was that Hyuna was acting as an internal distraction as the rebels weaken their remote defenses.

That, of course, enraged Yoongi. He came too close to murdering Hyuna right there and then, but was stopped by Namjoon.

He said that will only make things worst, as they might expose themselves to more uncalled risks.

And Hoseok felt bad for letting the enemy into their base just because of the useless reason of repaying his gratitude to Jae. But, no one blamed him, though. Because none of them ever thought Jae, of all people, would use Hoseok like he did.

But, people change.

With the limited time, they rushed a counter plan to end the opponent before they decided to attack their base.

By ending the life of their leader first.

Therefore, they decided to use this 'trade-off' to meet Jae face to face, and end this once and for all.

On the other hand, Hyuna was being awfully quiet despite sitting close to the man she was wagging her tail at for almost a month.

Her hands were fiddling with the shiny utensils on the table, chewing her lower lip as the faint sound of the impatient thumps of her feet on floor filled the silenced space.

That's not like her at all.

It was as if she was anxious of something.

But, Yoongi didn't picked up on such small habits since he was preparing himself for the upcoming battle. He couldn't care less about the state she was in, as long as his first bullet will pierced her skull, that's all that matters.

"...How much longer does that old man need to come here?.. He knows that I hate waiting, right?" Yoongi's voice instantly stopped Hyuna's restless feet.

Hyuna reached her hands into her bag, trying to find her phone. Pulling it out upon finding it, the quick tapping of the screen was indicating she was trying to reach for Jae.

It took a few seconds later to get a reply when the notification sounds hits. She opened the inbox and read the message.

Awfully long though.

There was hesitation in her eyes but she quickly announced, "He'll be here soon."

Such short reply for minutes of reading the text.