Chapter 24

"Yes Hye-Na, you died in your original world and got reincarnated into the web novel world that you currently live in"

Hye-Na remained stunned after she heard what Michael just said, still processing if she should believe this quote on quote her guardian angel.

"Died? Reincarnated?" Hye-Na asked Michael doubtfully.

"You seemed to had forgotten how you died in your original world. Since you're quite the clever one, I'm gonna give you some clues so you can figure things out. First of all, what happened to you before you woke up in this world?" Michael asked.

"I was- huh? I was... I did..."

'Wait, why can't I remember what I did before I woke up in this world?!' Hye-Na internally panicking.

"You can't remember, huh? Guess that build-up stress that you hold really affected your mind that much. Well, long story short you were punished due to your grades were significantly dropped after you entered middle school and punished you to study in the orphanage's 'detention room' for the rest of the weekend. And not only that, they starved you and just used iv bags to filled your daily nutritions and they use analeptics on you whenever you're about to fall asleep so you can continue studying without sleep. After the weekend was over, you died on Monday morning due to build-up psychological stress which forces your body basically shut down. So, in conclusion, you died from overworking yourself physically and mentally" Michael explained as he showed Hye-Na a holographic image of her past self died in the orphanage's detention room.

"That is me..." Hye-Na said, still in disbelief that she saw her corpse with her very own eyes.

'Despite all these years that I've been freed from that wretched place, the feeling of that small cramped room, accompanied with the sound of the ticking clock and the sound of me continuously writing on my notebook with a pen still lingered in my mind' Hye-Na thought to herself about all the experiences she felt on that 'detention room'.

TW: Disturbing imagery about Hye-Na's past (mental and physical abuse).

(Imagine it's Hye-Na)

"I got to say, you were quite the beauty despite you were living in a place like that even before you got reincarnated," Michael said as he showed another holographic image of Hye-Na's past appearance.