Short Lived Sweetness

"Luffy...." You begin, looking around the dark forest. "Couldn't this have waited until morning?" You ask. He doesn't respond at first which makes you worry. "Luffy?"
"It's not safe there right now," He murmurs. You felt a chill, but then he gives you a warm smile. "So we'll adventure out here for a while," He decides. You relax a bit.
"Thanks Luffy," You tell him.
"Come on! Lets go this way!" He chimes, taking your hand and leading you into a random direction. Silence follows again. Some time passes and a sound catches your ear, making you stop.
"I hear water," You tell him. He nods and quickens his pace toward the sound. You both stop next to the top of a waterfall. You both peer over the at the moonlit water pool below. "Wow, pretty," You murmur
"Yosh! Lets jump in!" He says cheerfully.
"You're crazy," You breathe. He grins and picks you up. "Luffy!?" You say warily.
"Shishishi! Don't worry! I got you!" He chuckles, backing up.
"C-come on Luffy! This is crazy!" You squeak, hugging his face.
"We do go to that school," He reminds you before running and leaping off the cliff.
"AAHHH!"
"WOOOHOOO!" He howls before you both hit the water. You swiftly swim back up with him.
"COLD!!" You gasp while his head breaks water, laughing cheerfully.
"It's not that cold!" He laughs.
"Th-that's because y-your c-c-c-crazy!" You chatter. He blinks and pulls you into his warm chest. You don't hesitate to press into him, trying to steal his warmth. He chuckles a bit.
"This is nice," He murmurs. You look into his chocolate eyes to find him looking at you warmly. You blink and blush a bit.
"U-um Luffy?" You shiver. He seems to come back into focus.
"Cold!" He chatters, starting to swim for the shore with you. You sweatdrop.
"Now you realize?" You huff as you both get out of the water.
"Well I always feel warmer when your around," He says, touching his stomach.
"Eh?" You ask in slight confusion.
"And my stomach feels all funny when I see you smile, like I we when I really want meat but..." He trails offs and rubs the back of his neck, seeming confused himself. Your eyes were wide. Was that a confession? He looks at you and suddenly cups your face making you blush heavily. He frowns in slight worry. "You're cold... We need a fire," He decides, turning to the forest as he put an arm around you. He leads you into the darkness, eventually stopping in a clearing. He makes you sit down. "I'll be right back,"
"K-Kay," You manage before he disappears into the forest. Oddly you felt at ease being left in the clearing by yourself, for some reason this did feel safer then being on campus. You frown a bit remembering the change that had suddenly appeared when Law's phone went off. He had been about to smile, just what was this 'project' he had to go work on? Your frown deepens as you realize you barely know him, he was hard to read unlike Kid and Smoker. 'I wish I knew what was going on...' You think. Luffy returns, wearing only boxers. You blink at the sight. He was surprisingly muscular for a lean guy.
"I hung my clothes up on a branch, you should too," He says, setting the firewood down and nodding to a low hanging branch near his clothes.
"Right..." You say with a slight blush. You remove your soaked clothes, leaving on your matching under garments. You go back over as the fire ignites. Luffy looks up at you and grins.
"Shishishi, you're really sunburnt," He comments.
"Shush, I'm still cold," You grumble, starting to sit down until he pulls you onto his lap. You tense as he holds you close to his bare torso
"Does this help?" He asks. You nod, not trusting your voice. He smile and suddenly starts to cuddle you, cheek rubbing against yours, holding you tightly. You blush more from all the affection and giggle a bit.
"Luffy, what are you doing?" You chuckle.
"I don't know I just want to hold you like this all night!" He chimes. You blush more and grin.
"You're too sweet Luffy!" You giggle. He grins and presses his forehead to yours.
"Can we stay like this until morning?" He breathes.
"S-sure... And then we can continue our adventure," You muse. He falls back in the grass with you on his chest.
"Goodnight ___," He murmurs cheerfully.
"Goodnight Luffy."

*Meanwhile*

He frowns at the ceiling. You'd be safe with Luffy right? Yeah, the guy seemed alright. Kid sits up, "I wonder where he took her? Maybe I should.." He trails off and sighs. "I'm really in bad..." He kicked himself for not making a move during the vacation, but he didn't want to make you uncomfortable. Then you made the move and he almost lost it. He chuckles to himself and turns on his phone screen to see the picture you had taken with him when he had piggy backed you at the beach. He smiles at how happy you looked. A knock on his door makes him hide his phone, accidentally calling you as he did so. He goes other and opens the door.
"Law?" He huffs in surprise. The dark haired guy looks into the room past him.
"Is she here?" He asks.
"No, Luffy took her some where," Kid answers, not too happy to see his rival at his door.
"No one is in your room?" Law questions.
"No one's here, what do you want?" Kid replies, becoming annoyed with all of his questions.
"Good, no resistance," Law says, touching the side of Kid's neck.
"Hey! What the hell are you-"
"Countershock." Law rumbles. Kid falls to the floor unconscious. "I have a few questions for you Eustass-ya."

*That Morning*

"Ah dammit!" You sigh.
"You wanna borrow my shirt?" Luffy offers. You had woken up to find your shirt gone for some odd reason.
"Alright, should we head back now?" You ask him. He pouts a bit.
"I thought we were going to adventure today though," He says.
"I know but... Something doesn't feel right," You murmur, frowning a bit. He blinks and frowns as well.
"Alright, let's go."