Ominous

Your eyes drift open, staring up at the unfamiliar ceiling. You swiftly sit up, getting a head rush, glancing around the luxurious room. 'Where am I?' You wonder.

"Finally awake princess?" A familiar voice asks. I get out of the large, satin covered bed and go out of the room carefully. He sat at the table, a single cigar between his teeth, yellowish eyes skimming over a newspaper, dark hair slicked back. You almost didn't recognize him.

"Crocodile?" You huff warily.

"Been a while ___, what do you think?" He asks, setting the newspaper to the side and standing, holding his arms up and doing a turnabout.

"You clean up good.... But why am I here? What's going on?" You inquire. He gives you a slight smile.

"I'll tell you over breakfast, what would you like?" He replies calmly.

~~~Sabo's P.O.V~~~

"Why aren't we out there yet!? We don't have forever!" Ace snaps at Law.

"Half the school is already out there, even if we join the search we'll be just as lost," Law replies calmly, but the way he was rubbing his temple told Sabo was on edge as well.

"He's right Ace, we should trust him. Remember this isn't the first time this has happened." Sabo tells his brother.

"Yeah, save your energy, do you forget just who it was that was kidnapped... I'll admit, she's the only reason we survived that 'execution'," Kid pipes in.

"Though I wonder why Doflamingo would want her dead all of sudden... He did seem fond of her..." Sabo murmurs.

"He doesn't, he's just testing something," Law answers darkly.

"Like what?" Luffy speaks up.

"How many are actually aiming to save her," Law replies.

"You're not making much sense. If you know something then spit it out," Ace growls. Kid shifts a bit.

"There's a reason why he was there to pick her up... That's why you kidnapped all those people," He murmurs, looking straight at Law. The others pause as Law glances toward Kid.

"When did you recover your memory, Eustass-ya?" Law asks carefully. Sabo sees his hand trail over his scalpel and tenses.

"Back at Impel Down, I didn't say anything because I know you were doing it for her... So did you ever find out why exactly she's here?" Kid replies. Law meets his gaze for a moment before relaxing with a sigh.

"Hes... Planning something that involves her... Something big... But I couldn't find out what..." He murmurs. "I would've kept looking but... I was starting to scare her..."

"She was only scared because she was worried about you, you know, " Kid huffs, straightening up. "Anyways, you got a plan yet?" He adds.

"Not yet, I'm waiting for the map," Law answers, leaning back in his chair, scalpel now twirling between his fingers. His calm demeanor reminded Sabo of the time before, when you and Kid had been kidnapped. When Sabo also realized just who Law was.

The Surgeon of Death, from North city. Sabo had only heard rumors, but something told him they were mostly true. Even the one about him stealing the actual hearts of his victims. The icy calm and collected Surgeon with dark tendencies. Yet, Sabo only ever got to see the Surgeon when you were missing or in trouble.

"You love her... You're afraid to scare her," Sabo's murmur was quite clear in the silent room. The scalpel stops moving and Sabo realizes he had spoken out loud as the Surgeon's silver orbs lock on him. "That's why you haven't said why you're here. I saw you pause back then when she said the doesn't tolerate murder. Her words hit the nail, didn't they?" Sabo comments. Law slowly starts to rise from his seat at that.

"Why are you here Sabo-ya?" He asks coolly.

"Blew up a building." Him and Ace answer in unison. Law gives a nod.

"I'm here because I killed two people, or so they say," He informs them. The others tense slightly and Sabo feels a slight chill go down his spine.

"What do you mean by 'or so they say'?" Sabo questions hesitantly.

"Means I didn't, but someone wanted me here too," Law answers, glancing toward the window, scalpel starting to twirl again. The door suddenly opens and Smoker walks in, two cigars hanging from his mouth, and he seemed a bit stressed.

"What the hell are y'all waiting for? We have a mountain to search," Smoker says, unrolling a map and putting it on the desk.

"Been waiting on you Smoker-ya," Law rumbles.

~~~ Your P.O.V~~~

"Another contest? Why can't I ever be on the other side of it?" You sigh as you finish eating.

"From what I've heard, you're quite popular," Crocodile comments.

"How??" You huff, rubbing your temple disbelieving.

"Well if you weren't, he probably wouldn't have asked me to lock you up in this tower," He comments. You pause.

"Tower?" You echo. He tilts his head toward a window and you go over and peer out through the bars. "Of all the cliche... Dammit! Why are you even helping him?" You ask Crocodile.

"He wouldn't leave me alone about it," He sighs. "It's only temporary so just bare with it for now," He tells you.

"Alright, I guess this is better since no one's trying to kiss me..." You muse. Crocodile shifts watching you for a moment before sighing again. The sound makes you look back.

"There's something I should tell you that he told me not to," He adds.

"What's up?" You ask warily, sensing something ominous behind his words. He takes a deep breath.

"If they fail to find and rescue you in three days, you'll be executed."