🦋Three🦋

A/N: I have a headcanon that Isabela's room changed to fit her personality after the Casita was rebuilt, so that's what this is

Isabela and Mirabel ran in the direction of Camilo's scream, confusion and concern growing. They reached his door, only to see that it had the same pattern that Isabela used to have on her door—flowers and cacti surrounding his closed-eyed image.

"Should we knock?" Mirabel asked quietly. "I mean, what if it's no big d—"

She was cut off by Isabela throwing the door open and stepping inside like she owned the place.

"Um...okay, then." With a shrug, she followed her sister into Camilo's room—except it didn't look like his anymore. The floor and walls were completely made out of plants—with giant pillars made out of trees to support the roof with glowing yellow flowers hanging from them, like lanterns. Vines wrapped around almost every object like streamers.

"Camilo?" Isabela called, walking quickly towards the center of the room, looking around for her cousin.

Mirabel perked up—she could hear him! And he wasn't far. She glanced over and saw Camilo standing a few feet away from one of the tree pillars, looking distressed. The reason for his expression was obvious: he was almost completely tangled in thorny vines.

"Isa?" When Isabela turned around, Mirabel gestured for her to come while approaching Camilo. "Camilo, are you okay?"

Camilo's face was tight; his eyes were slightly crazed. "I'm fine! I'm getting stabbed by thousands of tiny thorns, though!" He turned his gaze to Isabela. "Isa! This isn't funny, get rid of them!"

"I would if I could, but I can't," Isabela replied, clearly taking amusement in his situation. "Our gifts have all swapped."

"What?" Camilo yelped, and was thrust into the air by a large plant that had erupted under his feet. "No way—I can't control plants!"

Isabela rolled her eyes. "Not with that attitude, you can't." Then her voice took on a softer tone. "Imagine them sinking into the ground. Slowly disappearing."

He still looked panicked, but he took a deep breath. Gradually, the florae that held him captive sunk into the ground, and then they were gone.

Camilo flopped on the ground, sighing in relief, covered in scratches. "Thanks." Mirabel helped him up, and he said, "So does this mean you have a gift?"

She nodded with a small grimace. "Yes, but I got Dolores' super hearing—and believe me, so far is has not been super."

Her primo nodded sympathetically. "Yeah, I never got the impression that she enjoyed her gift." He smiled and gently punched her shoulder. "But hey, at least you got a gift!"

Mirabel grinned, and then Camilo asked, "So what's Isa got?"

"Watch this," Mirabel said, and punched Isabela on the arm as she opened her mouth to reply. Isabela yelped, and a rain cloud appeared over her head.

"Cool," Camilo said with a grin, but Isabela turned to Mirabel with her eyes blazing.

"You could have just said I have weather control," she said in a heated voice. Mirabel shrugged in reply.

Camilo curiously looked at the ground and pointed at it. Immediately, a small daisy popped from the grass. Camilo huffed. "Seriously? It gives me vines and cacti when I'm not concentrating, but a daisy when I try to grow things?"

Isabela shrugged, folding her arms in front of her. "Maybe you're just weak."

"I am not—" Camilo began shrilly, but Mirabel slammed a hand over his mouth to stop him from shouting.

"We need to round up everyone else," Mirabel said quietly. "To see who had what gift now."

"I agree," Isa said, and Mirabel took her hand away from Camilo's mouth as fast as she could. He wasn't above licking her, despite being almost sixteen.

"So, what do you think we should do?" Camilo asked.

Mirabel sighed and waved her family members over as she walked to the door. "Open every door and wake everyone up. Come on."