2

You're falling in and out through a sunset

And I just wanna know if you're in love yet girl

Moonlight, Chase Atlantic

"You guys see that?" JJ asked the next day as we lounged on the HMS through town. He nodded over his shoulder and we all turned to look. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality and performance.  200k, easy."

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope grumbled. 

I rolled my eyes and fixed my ponytail, quickly putting it in a messy bun. I adjusted my sunglasses and laid back. 

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." I mumbled. 

Kie smirked and looked around at the guys as Topper and Sarah went by. 

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kie said loudly. 

After we lounged on the Pogue we stopped at the hotel JJ worked at. 

"Keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ said, checking the gun he had tucked in the waistline of his shorts.

"C'mon man, just put it back." John B said, parking and looking at him.

"JJ." I tapped his shoulder, shaking my head. 

"You can never be too careful." JJ replied. 

Pope got out and stopped by JJ's window. "Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon into a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." 

"Thank you, Pope." John B waved his hand. 

"I swear to God, I'm going to throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." Kie butted in, leaning in between the front seats as I got out behind Pope. 

"Let's go, JJ. Put it away already." I reached in his door and opened the glove box, grabbing my white cotton scrunchie from inside. 

Stepping back, I flipped my head over and quickly put my hair in a bun. 

"Let's go." JJ said, getting out and grabbing his badge.  "Professional busboy." 

"So where are we going now?" Pope asked as we followed behind the blonde boy. 

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ looked back at him, slinging his arm over my shoulders as we walked. 

We followed JJ through the kitchen as he greeted everyone. 

"See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat." JJ shook his head as we walked into what looked like a library. 

"Who the hell can afford to stay here?" I asked, looking around at all the computers in the room.

"Rich white people." Kie said.