Flashback part 1

– flashback 7 years ago –

Yahaba ran through the forest, hand tightly clutched onto Kyoutani's shirt as he panted, fear clearly evident in his light brown iris. He glanced towards the other male, the latter's searing anger and shock practically emitting off of his uniform.

A rasping gasp sounded beside him, and the boy turned to his close friend, Oikawa Tooru taking long and rapid breaths as he attempted to run ahead, eyes wide perceptible terror.

"Oikawa!" Yahaba yelled in between pants.

"Yahaba-chan?" The older boy asked, turning to him in alarm. "Mad dog-chan?"

"Nice to see you guys are still alive" wheezed the younger brown haired pixie.

"Stop wasting your energy on talking." Kyoutani growled, glaring ahead. "You'll get caught by those damn humans." He sped up and Yahaba let out a gasp as he lost his grip on the stronger boy's shirt, tripping over a rock and landing in the dust.

"Yahaba!" Kyoutani choked, spinning on his heel and stepping back to grasp the other's hand and pull him up into his muscled arms as he held the brown haired boy princess-style.

Yahaba stared up at the blonde pixie's face, eyes wide with a light pink hue settled on his cheeks.

"K-kyoutani, I can run!" Yahaba stuttered, feeling unnaturally comfortable, wings curling in.

Oikawa, now jogging beside them, chuckled and shot the two a knowing glance, smirking.

"Shut up dumbass, focus." A now red-faced Kyoutani snapped at the older pixie.

Oikawa laughed drily, humorlessly unlike his normal self. I guess this isn't much of a normal situation. Yahaba thought with a quiet chuckle.

"Come on, follow me." Oikawa said, fluttering his delicate wings to fly once more. "I can manipulate the plants around us to hide, just come and don't go so high. We don't want to be seen."

"Don't overdo it.." The blond boy in front of them muttered, with a hint of almost unrecognisable concern.

He reassured the two with a calm "I won't."

Oikawa directed them to a now barred cave.

"How are we going to get in there?" Yahaba wondered out loud, his voice trembling in fear. What if we get caught? What if we die? I don't wanna die yet... No, I won't die! Oikawa will protect us, I'm sure of it.

"Of course, we go through the other entrance." Oikawa said firmly.

"There's another entrance?"

"Of course there is! I'd be surprised if there wasn't. It's smaller, though, so you might have to shrink. Don't tell me you don't know how to shrink now," the older boy remarked, almost chuckling.

"Of course," Yahaba replied, "Just give me a second."

-

"It's kinda dark in here," Yahaba remarked with a concerned tone.

"Just keep following Oikawa," Kyoutani remarked, his voice firm as usual.

They kept going until they came upon the other fairies and pixies.

"There you are, Tooru!"

"I see you found more pixies," they heard, and they recognized the voice as that of the crowned princess, who is also Oikawa's sister, although he could tell her voice was slightly off. Had she been crying? Was she crying?

"Your highness," Yahaba said, bowing as a shiver ran down his spine. It was always nerve wracking to be in the presence of the royals- or any nobles, really.