Chapter 33

Note: This chapter is even longer and has the mentions of physical assault and injury.

Strap in and read at your own risk.

------

I got up and shook the grass of my cloak just to see his back.

I started wiping my tears away as he disappeared into the house.

When I return, he will not be here and the matter will be resolved.

It was ten-thirty in the morning when Thea's voice began to echo through the room in which I slept in.

- "Sunlight! Wake up!"

Soon Sammy's footsteps were heard.

- "Girl, wake up, I'm taking you for a nice breakfast."

"Please leave..." I muttered.

Opening my eyes, I saw Tea unfold the curtains from the window.

Sammy sat on the bed next to me looking at me curiously.

- "Tea, how about you get ready while I wake little missy here?"

-"Okay! But hurry so we don't arrive at lunch time for breakfast."

When the door closed behind her, Sammy spoke angrily.

- "Why were you crying?"

My eyes must have been swollen if he could conclude something like that.

"Don't bother me"

- "Lucia... You look swollen. If the voice of reason sees you in that state you will need a team of lawyers to get out!"

He was telling the truth, I still haven't planned to break the news to my unfortunate bff.

My life is still dear to me, I will do it before I leave for France, the dust will settle down till then.

Uh.. How does that saying go...? "Anything you can't do today, leave it for tomorrow"- I wonder if it can be changed into: "Anything you can't do today, leave it for a distant future"?

"Could you give me my sunglasses?"

- "Where from?"

he began clumsily rummaging through my bag.

"No, you dummy. Ask Thea for one from her huge collection. She can't wear them all at once anyway."

I got dressed while Sammy brought me my glasses and got down to the car quickly. I didn't want her to catch me without them.

"We'll have breakfast outside."

I was talking to Sam as Tea approached us.

- "Why?"

I looked at him angrily.

- "Ah, because of the glasses."

"Yeah, so I don't have to take them off until we get home. You really found a great moment to take us out for breakfast." I grumbled.

- "Let's go!" Tea said contentedly.

- "Let's go to the square and have breakfast in the garden! They have wonderful croissants there..." Sammy was blabbering on, and I... I felt like the train ran me over.

We sat in the square, in a wonderful restaurant, in a comfortable garden set, having breakfast.

- "Are you staying for just a few days, or..?"

Tea has always been the most curious of the three of us.

"I don't know yet but yes, I'm planning to stay for just a few days. But that's enough about me!"