[CLOSED] Then Comes the War!

Photosensitivity Warning

Please note, contest chapter(s) may include flashing images/gifs.

The Prompt

In collaboration with the most awesome Alt-U profile...

In an alternate universe where magic rules and creatures of myth and legend walk the Earth, a great and unexpected power rises... Then comes the War!

The Fineprint

Making use of the above prompt, tell a story in a maximum of 5000 words.

Entries should be submitted no later than 23:59 UTC on Saturday, April 30th.

Entries must be submitted via this form to be considered eligible for judging. However, feel free to share the direct link to your entry in the comment section below.

Mature content is permitted, however you must ensure your work adheres to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

Fanfiction is permitted for this contest.

Entries can be submitted either as standalone stories or as part of an existing collection of short stories.

The Prizes

The winning entry/entries, as judged by a team of trained Ambassadors, will earn the right to feature in our Profile Anthology.

The winning entry/entries, as judged by a team of trained Ambassadors, will be featured in our contest winner reading list.

The winning entry/entries, as judged by a team of trained Ambassadors, will earn a super-cool winner's cover sticker.

The winning entry/entries, as judged by a team of trained Ambassadors, will win a shout-out via this profile.

Contest Disclaimer

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated and may be reported to Wattpad's Trust and Safety team for their inspection.