INTRO

For 17 years, ever since he was 10, Shadawn Van River has been living his life, hoping to see a the light at the end of the tunnel. But with each passing year, his hope diminished to that of a dream out of his reach. Living in a house dictated by his unpredictably Alcoholic father and manipulative abusive older brother has extracted from him the ability to feel any happiness. As things pummel out of control, Shadawn is finally giving up. Giving up on happiness, giving up on himself, giving up on everything, and definitely giving up on his life.

That is, until he gets that call from the police.

That call that declared his father dead.

As Morbid and inhumane as it sounds, that news indeed was the only verbal utterance that ever brought him happiness.

He was finally free.

Finally free from his father and especially from Liam, his older brother, who happened to have gone MIA for the past month.

Being placed at an orphanage was not a walk in a park, yet he was safe. That is, until his social worker boards them a ticket to drop him off at his Mother's family.

Shadawn thought dealing with one brother was torture, but seeing now that he had four more brothers and a sister at the end of his plane ride revived his constant fears.

Will this be the dawn of a new beginning?

or

The dawn of realizing life for him on earth was not worth living.