12

"The two of you are not going to Mexico!" Sheriff Stilinski and Robin cried.

Tabitha crossed her legs on the couch, watching the conversation unfold. "Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay?"

Tabitha nodded. "That's a perfectly acceptable reason to go."

The sheriff and Robin shot her a look.

Sheriff Stilinski turned back to his son. "Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this, the best thing is to go through the proper channels."

"Dad-" Stiles began.

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

Stiles shook his head. "Dad, Mrs. Young, Tabi and I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay? Someone needs to go down there, find them, and rescue them."

Sheriff Stilinski narrowed his eyes. "I can keep you from going."

"I'd find a way."

"I can throw you in a cell."

Robin crossed her arms. "And I can throw my daughter into a separate cell."

Stiles and Tabitha glared. "I'd still find a way."

The sheriff sighed. "Stiles, Tabitha, please. Just give me and Deputy Young a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision with some guy with a third eye. Look, she and I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if we have to. If nothing turns up, then we'll book four flights to Mexico. We'll all go, okay?"

Stiles' impatience showed as he shifted from one foot to another. "Okay, great! That's great! Do I get a gun?"

The sheriff turned to his son. "No!"

"Mom?" Tabitha asked.

"Absolutely not, young lady," Robin told her. "And no magic either!"

---

They swung by to get Malia and made their way to Scott's. They rushed to his room and Stiles tossed an article of clothing.

Tabitha threw a jacket to Malia. "Maybe this?"

Malia sniffed it and let out a sigh. "Fabric softener."

Stiles ran into Scott's bathroom and Tabitha glanced at Malia. "Oh, no."

"What?"

"My idiot boyfriend. I am so sorry."

He reappeared with a pair of dirty underwear, causing Malia to glare at him in disgust. "Remember, Scott's life is on the line," he told her, shoving the boxers in her face.

She shot him a look before grabbing a pillow from Scott's bed. She sniffed it and smiled. "Got it."

Stiles let out a sigh. "Yeah. That works too."

They walked down the stairs and saw Liam sitting at the kitchen table. Stiles frowned at him. "Oh! Liam, go home. You're not coming with us."

"Why not?" Liam wondered.

"Because it's a full moon. And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out or my girlfriend's throat out."

Tabitha glanced at him. "This'll be his first full moon without us."

Liam nodded and pointed to her. "Thank you, Tabitha! You can lock me up, right? Chain me to the back set or something?"

Malia frowned. "You tore through the last chains, remember?"