Dinner and Dates with The Girls

Leni had a long tiring but fulfilling day. She went to different areas of their district to either be a guest in the openings of centers for the people in the community or to inspect what needs to be fixed.

By 6:45 p.m. she already finished her agendas and couldn't wait to see her daughters again and hear how their day went. She texted Aika that she was done and where can they meet.

"Aiks. Tapos na ako for the day. Nasa labas pa ba kayo?" read the text messae Leni sent.

"Hi, Ma! Di ko kasama sina Patty at si Jill, nagkita rin kasi kami ng HS friends ko, I hope you don't mind." replied Aika.

"No, of course not. I'll just drive home for a bit and magpapalit, I'll see you later. Text ko rin sina Jill. Any requests where you want to go for dinner?"

"No, Ma. Kayo nalang po bahala on where we'll have dinner, I'm fine anywhere naman. I'll be leaving soon, patapos na rin kami, text nalang kung saan tayo magkita-kita. Thank you."

"Sure. See you!"

Leni drove back home like she said, took a quick bath and then proceeded to text Trisha.

"Trish, saan na kayo ni Jill? Tapos na ako, nagpalit lanh ako dito sa bahay." her message read. Then Trisha quickly replied.

"Nandito po kami kay Papa. Sunod ka po dito?"

"Okay, sige. OMY na papunta jan. I'll be ther in about 10 minutes."

"Sure, Ma. Dito lang kami tulad ng dati. See you! <3" replied Trisha.

Leni, Aika, Trisha, and Jillian always made sure that they'd visit Jesse's resting grounds every time they went home to Naga just to tell him what's been happening.

Trisha and Jillian had been there for almost an hour already and then Aika texted Jillian

"Jill! San kayo?" her message read.

"Kay Papa. Sunod daw dito si Mama, sunod ka rin ba, Ate?" Jillian asked.

"Sige tapos na rin ako dito. Isip na kayo kung saan tayo kakain, nagtanong kasi si Mama."

"Sige po, Ate. See you!!"

In about five minutes, Aika arrived yet Leni was still in the road due to traffic. Not long after Aika had arrived, the girls saw Leni's car pull up. They greeted and kissed their Mom excitedly.

"Hi Ma! Kumusta araw mo ngayon?" Jillian asked.

"Oo nga po Ma. Kami kasi dito lang kami ni Jill tapos si Ate Aiks naman karatating lang din." said Trisha.

"Oo nga Aika, akala ko magkita nalang?" Leni thought.

"Gusto ko kasi bumisita rin kay Papa, bukas kasi di ba, pabalik na tayo ng Manila?" Aika answered.

Leni just nodded and then proceeded to walk closer to Jesse's tombstone, "Hi, Pa! Andito ulit kami." she then cupped the cheeks of the statue of Jesse. Tearing up a bit because she remembered their life with him and what it could've been if he were still alive.

"Ma? Let's go? Gutom na daw si Jill." Aika asked Leni.

"Sure, anak. Let's go."

All of them went inside the car and then drove to one of the malls and had their dinner in one of the less crowded restaurants. Their table was full of giggles and smiles, they were sharing how their day was and what's their plan for the future. Then one of the girls asked Leni something that made her a bit nervous.

"So, Ma. Malapit na mag end ang term mo as Congresswoman. Do you have plans to run again but for a higher position?" asked Trisha.

Leni was taken back by the question, she hadn't told her daughters that Secretary Roxas had asked her to become his Vice President for the elections. She promised her daughters that she would lay off politics right after her term as Congresswoman but she was considering to take up Sec. Roxas for his offer since she could see how she can help the country.

Soon, the girls noticed that Leni spaced out for a long minute now. Jillian who was beside her placed a hand on her shoulder and then asked if she was okay. Leni was startled all of a sudden.

"Susmeyo, Jillian Therese. Aatakihin ako sa'yo." Leni said.

"Sorry, Mama. Medyo matagal ka na kasing tulala jan eh may tanong si Ate Trish. Okay ka lang ba?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Ano ulit yun Trish?" Leni replied then looked at Trisha.

"Ang sabi ko if may plans ka ba na tumakbo ulit but for a higher position?" Trisha asked again.

But before Leni could answer, their food arrived. "Kain na muna tayo mamaya na yan." Leni said.

Aika noticed that her mom was tensed by the question and tried to dodge the topic.

Finished with their dinner, they then headed back home to get some rest. When they pulled up, Trisha and Jillian were the first ones to get out of the car as if they forgot about the question. Just before Leni could open the door, Aika called her.

"Mama?" Jillian said.

"Yes, Ate Aiks?"

"Are you sure you're okay? Kanina kasi nung nasa resto tayo bigla ka nalang naging tensed nung tinanong ka ni Trisha about running for a higher position sa elections."

She knew that at some point she would have to tell her daughters. So she then proceeded to relax back at the driver's seat and then began to talk to Aika.

"Ate, I'm sorry. I know that I promised that I won't but Sec. Roxas asked me to be his running mate as his VP for the elections." Leni said to Aika who was now staring at her with a shocked look.

"I understand, Ma. I know how you long for good governance for this country. I just hoped that you told us earlier pa. I'm worried if ano ang magiging reaction ni Patty and Jill once you tell them."

"Yun nga rin iniisip ko, I hate to see them be disappointed."

"Don't worry, Ma. I won't tell them about this conversation, I'll just act casual around them."

"Thank you, Aiks." Leni responded with such an appreciative and relieved voice.

They then entered their home and Trisha was reviewing for her exam in the living room.

"Ang tagal niyo naman pumasok, may nawala ba siya kotse?" Trisha asked.

Aika just responded, "Uhh oo, yung hikaw ko kasi nahulog, pero nahanap ko naman na." then she looked at her mom who was shocked with her excuse.

"Una na kami ni Mama ha, at ikaw rin Trisha matulog na ha."

"Yes Ate, matutulog na ako maya maya." Trisha  said while Leni and Aika went to their rooms to get ready for bed.

The following day they will be going back to Manila for their work and school.

-------

*Hii thank youuu so much for reading chapter 2, and I know hindi ito yung interest niyo sa pagbabasa but I assure you, malapit na😘💜💜