XLV. One step closer

You stood there as the silence between the both of you lingered. Silco seemed to be in conflict with his own thoughts which was delaying his response.

"Baby please let me explain-" you muttered out quickly as the silence was starting to spike your nervousness but before you could finish the once again, silco rose his hand ushering you to stop.

"YN just stop, what did you do? What kind of fucking deal did you make with him?" He spat in question as he rubbed his face frustrated.

"He's gonna help me make you better...." You paused as the fact of silco dying swarmed your brain. "He's gonna help me keep you here.....to be with me. Just like we've always wanted.." you choked out as the tears started washing down your face. You felt your knees get weak. "I didn't mean to avoid you.....I should've never done what I did. I should've never hurt you. And now I don't know how much time I have left with you and I-" silco had stood up and pulled you into a tight hug, placing his chin on top of your head.

"I can't let you go knowing I didn't give it my all...." You whispered gently into his chest as you wrapped your arms around him.

"Okay.." he spoke back gently

"Okay?" You questioned you pulled away to look into his eyes

"I'll try it" he responded bluntly.

"Are you fucking with me?" You questioned as you felt your heart begin to thump faster. "This not the time to joke, Silco." You instantly stated.

"I'm not joking" he cocked his head to the side and a small smirk crept up on his lips. "What was this plan you and Salo conversed about?"

"Well, I asked him to get the materials needed to produce shimmer and to personally make it just for you. But then I asked if he could get viktor and jayce to incorporate Hextech into the shimmer somehow so you won't need the daily injections, at most it would be weekly or monthly. Hopefully. Though that part isn't guaranteed. But the shimmer needed for your current daily injections is in the works. I'm supposed to head back first thing in the morning." You huffed as you finished your explanation.

"Okay my love" silco said as he pulled you back into another tight embrace. He just wanted to hold you wether it be in silence or not. He wanted off the topic of him dying and to just be there with you. Considering you kept yourself away from him because of your own stupid grudge you held against him for something he wanted.

Though you hated it, Sevika was right. You were making silco dying all about you. Because you had already 'lost' him once, you couldn't lose him again. But if Salo's doings didn't work, you'd lose silco anyways. The underground had no supply of shimmer anymore. The junkies were going nuts. The withdrawal of shimmer was horrid. The addicts who took it basically became feral. All except Silco. You learned to not question it.

The rest of the evening, you spent in Silco's arm. He was in and out of sleep almost as if he were afraid to fall asleep because he'd wake up and you'd be gone again. When he was asleep, you'd run your fingers through his soft combed hair. A swift knock at the door erupted the silence that filled the room. Silco began to move to sit up but you ushered him to rest.

"I'll see who it is, I promise you I will be right back" you smiled as you planted a kiss on his forehead before getting up and gently walking to the door. You grabbed the knob and opened the door slowly to reveal Cait and Vi. Cait had something in her hand. Your eyes plaster back and forth before pushing your way into the hall closing the door behind you.

"Hey what's up you two?" You asked at a low level.

"Salo asked me to give this to you, said you asked him to make it for you." Cait began as she lifted her arm to give you the box.

"What is it?" You asked as you reached out to grab the box.

"The shimmer you asked for." Vi chimed in.

"Oh my god" you smiled as you felt everything building up inside you. As much as you wanted to despise Salo with every bone in your body, you were beyond grateful he came up with the shimmer injections as fast as he did.

"How's he doing?" Vi asked as she leaned her head on Cait's shoulder.

"He doesn't look good" you shook your head slowly. " can't seem to stay awake long either" you dropped your shoulders. "I'm hoping this will help, oh god I'm praying it helps. I hate seeing him like this." You huffed as your breath shuddered.

"Jinx has been in here to see him every morning to make sure he's okay. And alive." Vi spoke. "She can't lose anyone else. She's gonna lose herself...." She finished with her voice treading off.

"That would make two of us...." You paused "but that's not gonna happen. I'm gonna figure it out. This right here..." you lifted the box. "Is our start" you smiled. "Thank you Cait for bringing this to me, are you going back to Piltover tomorrow?"

"In the morning for a few to see my parents, yes."

"Will you tell Salo I said thank you?" You asked and she instantly nodded.

"Thank you, now I'm beat so I'm gonna go join silco back in the warm comfy bed" you smiled again as your eyes switched from the two. "Goodnight girls"

You quickly wrapped up the goodnight and opened the door heading back into the room to see a semi asleep silco.

"Hey baby, I need to do something okay? And then we can go back to bed." You spoke softly and reassuringly. He mumbled something inaudible as he nodded and slowly sat up.

"We gotta take your injection" you smiled as you looked at silco waiting for a reaction. "Now hold still" you spoke as you opened the box and pulled out the syringe like object. Silco angled his head towards you and within seconds you clicked the injection and it poked his scarred eye releasing the shimmer instantly. Silco winced in pain but quickly composed himself.

"Thank you my love" he spoke sleepily. "I don't deserve you." He smiled weakly as he ladies back down letting his head hit the pillow. "I love you"

"I love you too my dear, now try to get some sleep" you smiled as you let your own head greet the neighboring pillow facing him. You prayed to god the injections Salo had made were gonna work. Only way to know was to wait until morning. You were very nervous considering you put your all trust in Salo when he had done nothing but wreck you and lie to you and ruin you. You trusted him with Silcos life and that scared you. But you'd be damned if you were gonna let Silco go without a fight.

——————————————————————————

The morning sun so familiarly shown through the window straight onto your face causing you to stir slowly. With your eyes still closed you felt a warm hand placed on your cheek. Your slowly opened your eyes to see a glowing, smiley Silco.

"Well good morning to you" you chuckled slightly. "How do you feel?"

"Well now that your awake, a million bucks!" He beamed and it warmed your heart. He sat up and angled his body towards you.

"But actually baby, how do you feel?" You asked again as you slowly sat up as well.

"I haven't felt this good in a long while. I don't feel my body shutting down or my brain buffering. I honestly feel really good right now dear" you nodded as he placed his hand on your shoulder and squeezed it gently.

"Okay there Superman, promise me you'll take it easy today?" You cocked your head and slightly lowered it as a smirk smeared to lips. Silco rose his hands submissive and shook his head chuckling.

"Okay okay fineee mom." He joked. God, how you've missed the joking, determined silco.

"There's enough in there to last your daily injections 2 weeks" you smiled. "Hopefully by then, Jayce and Viktor will have came up with something."

"Now don't get your hopes up love" he responded slightly monotoned.

"I know but it doesn't hurt to have some hope" you spoke back.

"Enough of this talk, meet me in the shower." He nudged you with his arm before jumping out of bed and heading into the bathroom.

"You naughty-" you stopped yourself as you chased after him.