X: Downfall (Ver. 2)

(a/n: I'll say this for the 2nd time--i'll try my best for the fighting scenes...;-;)

3rd Person's POV

Some people still try to offer and call demons despite the consequences it might bring. Some would even try to contact the ones with high ranks giving up their lives. And those failed contracts only mean one thing, the demons summoned wouldn't be able to go back to hell.

"Ryujin!!" Lia called her once again.

Ryujin is still staring directly at those pair of eyes without her control. She couldn't hear Lia at all as if her sense of hearing is disabled.

A loud thud was then heard from the roof as Yuna lunged at the demon. Ryujin got back to her senses and fell down the ground out of weakness. Yuna effortlessly killed the demon for it was brought back to the underworld.

"H-hey, look at me," Yeji called out for Ryujin who's now staring at her without any emotions.

Her mind was filled with the fake scenarios that demon put up while staring at her earlier. Ryujin felt afraid of Yeji, the thought of Yeji killing her and the thought of her killing Yeji. Yeji never let go of Ryujin's hand despite the human's reaction.

"Ryuddaeng..." she said once again.

The cold night felt different that the three winged-creatures felt dark energies surrounding the area. Yuna immediately went to Lia to protect her. Lia is now unconscious.

"C-chaeryeong unnie..." she said wanting to ask her a favor.

"Please bring Lia unnie back to her house-"

Chaeryeong gave Yeji and Ryujin a look. She doesn't want to leave Ryujin now that she's in a dangerous situation but she knows she's with the Demon King. She couldn't call out for Lia's guardian since it's only Lia who could do that.

"Don't worry, I'll protect Ryujin." Yeji's words made Chaeryeong at ease.

She nodded at Yuna and carried Lia back to her house as she wished. Yeji immediately blocked an attack that was aimed towards the two escaping.

"Ryuddaeng, please--" she begged as she kept tapping Ryujin's cheeks.

She gave up and decided to knock Ryujin out. She couldn't fight when she's worrying about her and it would help her clean her memories. She wished she could go back to hell right now and kill the demon who did that to Ryujin a hundred times.

"Yuna!" she yelled. Yuna understood her right away and put a barrier around Ryujin.

The two flew up as all the demons stucked on earth surrounded them. They're savages since they didn't have a master for a long time. They just sensed Yeji but they didn't know who she is. One by one, they lunged towards the two who effortlessly threw them back to hell.

Chaeryeong arrived minutes later and helped the two in fighting all the demons. But there were too many.

Yeji let out a growl that echoed through out the place making all the demons quiver in fear. They finally realized who she is, the former Demon King's daughter. The current ruler of Hell. She then ordered them all to go back with full authority in her voice. She gathered all their energies and sucked them up before she casted them back to the underworld.

She was exhausted, her wings reverting back to normal, as Yuna supported her on the landing. She was still weak but ran to Ryujin who's still unconscious.

"Wait, Yeji unnie-"

That's when they all saw all the ashes falling down on them. Black feathers were mixed on to it making Yeji glued on her place. Teary. Shaking.

No, it wasn't her wings reverting back to normal. Her wings were burned right after she had sent back the demons.

The demon King lost her wings.

--

"Where's Yeji?"

Ryujin just woke up, the sunshine hitting her face. She was greeted by Chaeryeong and Lia. The two couldn't answer her.

"Where is she?" she asked again and held on to her throbbing head.

"Fuck..." she cursed.

"She's with Yuna, don't worry Ryujinnie-" Chaeryeong reassured her.

"What happened last night?" she then asked. Lia is also curious for she lost consciousness last night.

Chaeryeong explained the rebellion those lost demons did and Yeji successfully bringing back them to hell.

"Yeddeong-"

There she saw Yeji staring at her blankly. The cat-eyed woman is contemplating everything that happened, it wasn't clear to her why she lost her wings. Thinking back, it wasn't from the energy she absorbed from all the demons. One thing she's been thinking of, is it's his doing for she kept choosing Ryujin over hell.

She's even more conflicted, losing her wings felt like she lost half of herself. She's on the verge of barging in heaven, beg for her wings back but she knew she'd have to return hell again.

Leave Ryujin, again.

She was too occupied with the thoughts and didn't realize Ryujin has ran to hug her tight. She couldn't bring herself to hug her back. Her tears suddenly fell down causing Ryujin to worry more. The human is confused as hell, that she didn't know what really happened last night.

She wiped Yeji's tears as Yeji finally gave her a glance full of emotions.

"I won't give you up..." she mumbled and embraced Ryujin tight.

She sobbed harder. She couldn't take everything at once despite her being the Devil. For the times she stayed on Earth with her girl, changed her a lot.

'I'll meet you there.' she spoke on her mind knowing that he'd hear it.

Lightning came.

--author--

my chapter titles r kinda funny to me?? ver 2...mwahaha anws I'll update the final chapters tmr!! hang on-😳