3

Ten wore something presentable but not too formal. He fixed up his hair and made sure to mask up his scent for the meantime with some pills and a little bit of perfume. When he was ready, River was ready to go to school as well. The boy already has his bag with him.

The omega smiled at his son, "Ready?"

River nodded, "Ready! You look great, papa!"

"I know," Ten joked, "Let's go. We'll be late."

Both of them went out of their apartment and walked towards the school, like the usual. When they arrived, Ten sent River to his classroom first. He always wishes luck for his son before he goes into class, just like his parents used to do to him.

"Be kind and do your best, just like always, okay?" Ten uttered.

River nodded, "Good luck on your job too, papa! Do your bestest!"

When the boy gave him a thumbs up, his papa couldn't help but cry internally. His son's the cutest. Ten just kissed him on the forehead before River goes into the room. He then stood and thought about visiting the faculty room to check if he could do the interview.

Now that he's here, he actually got sweaty hands. He's not nervous but he was overthinking a bit. Well, the teacher said this is just for formality so he actually got the job, right? Ten even knew that the new principal is an alpha. Well, heck, he won't promise he won't come out rude if he asks about him being an omega. He's working for his son, alright?!

Knocking on the door, he was greeted by a teacher who opened the door for him.

"Ah, Mr. Lee! Good morning. Mr. Suh told me to let you wait in his office. He'll be arriving soon," she uttered. She comes out of the room and asked Ten to follow him.

The omega nodded. Both of them walked the clean hallway as they made their way towards the door of the principal's office. Ten looked at the name plate plastered on it. He suddenly felt nostalgic seeing the name.

...Youngho?

He knew it was familiar and realized that the principal's surname is Suh. He heard of it already but he couldn't put his finger on it. Just when Ten got an idea, he got disturbed when the teacher unlocks the door and told him to go inside. They went in and Ten looked around, seeing the very neat room.

"Please take a seat for a while," she said.

Ten nodded and smile, "Okay. Thank you very much."

"I'll be going. I'll try to see if he's already here."

She went out and left Ten. The omega sighed. He is an impatient person. He can't wait too long but he'll try to be as impatient as he can until the principal arrives. But he wished for him to arrive already. He wants to get this done.

Then the door suddenly opened, catching Ten's attention. The omega was about to stand and bow to greet the principal but his eyes widened as he got tensed, frozen on his seat. The familiar minty scent got his heart dropping and stomach churning. He doesn't know what was happening but all he could think of was hatred. His hand on the desk became a fist and his jaw clenching.

Suddenly, he wants to punch him on the face.

"Mr. Suh, this is Mr. Lee who would like to apply. I'll be taking my leave then."

The new principal looked back at the omega and doesn't seem to be surprised, he doesn't even know what to say while he stood a meter away from the omega. The room was filled with silence. Ten was just boiling at his own anger right now and everyone can tell. But the omega doesn't want to stay longer inside the room with this jerk.

Ten stood from his chair and was just about to go but he was stopped.

"Ten--"

"Don't even think about touching me!" the omega shouted, sternly warning the alpha who dared to hold his wrist.

Johnny, the new principal, is the alpha and mostly know as Ten's ex-boyfriend.

"Please, Ten--"

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Whatever it is, I don't want to hear it."

"I came back for you!"

The omega wants to throw something at him right now, "What the fuck are you expecting me to say?! A 'thank you'? Motherfucker, stay away from me."

The alpha sighed, "I know I messed up but atleast let me explain."

"Even if I let you explain, you won't take any hatred away! You won't change anything! Were you hoping anything from me that's why you came back? Don't get your hopes up. You shouldn't have returned. You're already dead to me anyway. Now, stay out of my life!"

Ten stepped out of the room and slammed the door behind him. He strode the hallway, walking his way out of the building. He was just letting his feet take him away. He doesn't want to be here anymore. His heart was aching so much that he couldn't take it.

Then he was stopped when Taeyong suddenly did. Slowly, his sight became blurred. Ten started to let out hot tears. The mated omega got flustered.

"H-Hey, what happened?" Taeyong asked.

Ten sniffled and just hugged his friend. The omega was still clueless but he just comforted the other.

"Ah, I messed up."

"Not surprised. What did you even think would happen? Kiss you?" Mark, a 'mated' alpha, asked, "The omega's traumatized, Johnny! Who wouldn't?!"

The alpha sighed, "But that's why I came back. I want to do better for him."

"But you came up too abruptly," the mated alpha said.

Johnny stirred the drink he has on the table. He knew the consequences but he did everything for Ten anyway. He had to go that time, for him. Now that he has an opportunity to meet and explain things to him, he forgot that Ten won't just welcome him with open arms. The omega's a tough one to crack. But Johnny still loves him.

His feelings never changed a bit.

"But I should be persistent," Johnny said.

"You want to get punched?!"

The alpha rolled his eyes, "You would do the same when it's Donghyu--"

"I don't wanna hear about it! You always put Hyuck into these!" Mark exclaimed, "But seriously, you're scaring him...Atleast give him space."

Johnny sighed, "You're right, you're right...I kind of surprised him a little bit."

"A little bit...?" the alpha laughed before he took a sip, "What you can do is to let him get used to you being around. It's been years, Johnny. You were 'dead' to him."

"Ah...I know him so well that I think it's impossible to get closer though."

"Then make a deal with him."

Johnny raised an eyebrow, "A deal?"

"A deal but it's just a front so you could still be with him. I don't know what but you'll have to think about it for yourself," Mark said.

The alpha just hummed, thinking.