Neji~Honeymoon

wattpad user LA-ARI requested a neji lemon in their world! hope you all enjoy it!

*WARNING- there is some angst ahead but it's all good*

It's been a year since the war ended. A year since Neji almost died..

*Flashback*

You stood there frozen and wide eyed as you watched him slump forward onto Naruto.

"NEJI!" You screamed running as fast as you could to where he was. You kneeled down and held him, healing him as best as you could.

"Damn it, Neji! Why did you do something like that! You can't leave me!" You shouted at your betrothed, who was just barely hanging on. He was paler than usual and covered in dirt and blood.

You were doing everything in your power to stop the bleeding until the medical ninja arrived.

"Y/n.. I- I'm so sorry.." Naruto said solemnly.

"DON'T APOLOGIZE! He's still alive. He can be okay.. He has to be." You cried. Just then, a team of medical ninjas arrived. You were told to stop healing so they could take over from there. You were told to stay and fight since you were too close to Neji and you were needed more on the battlefield.

~

You couldn't stop thinking about Neji's condition when he was taken away. It had only been a few hours and you still hadn't received any updates.

You thought about the day your father and his uncle told you that you'd been arranged to marry Neji when you had both come of age. It was an arrangement that caused a lot of stress between the both of you and the friendship you both had turned into resentment. However, that was all taken care of and you two eventually developed feelings for each other. You both cared deeply for the other person and there was attraction of course. It was a good match and it would help your clans.

You were set to marry him a few months after your eighteenth birthday. That was a year from now. He'd be nineteen and your things would be moved into the Hyuga compound while you're away on your honeymoon.

You felt tears slipping down your cheeks as you imagined not being able to marry Neji.

~

"How is he?! Is he okay?!" You shouted at the medical ninja's blocking the entrance to the tent. The war was over and you desperately needed to see Neji. You had to know if he was okay.

"Miss.. You need to understand.. His injuries were severe-"

"IS HE ALIVE?!"

"Yes, but he's in critical condition-" You shoved past them and ran to his bedside.

His entire torso was covered in patches and bandages as if they had taped him back together. His chest slowly rose and fell, indicating that he was in fact alive. You breathed a sigh of relief and kneeled beside him, grabbing onto his hand. You cried, relieved that he was alive.

"When I was trapped in the infinite tsukuyomi.. I saw us. We were happy and we had children.. I knew it wasn't you though because you were here.. I fought hard though and Naruto did it. He saved everyone. Please come back to me Neji.." You said softly, kissing the back of his hand.

You felt a soft squeeze and your head snapped to meet his pale eyes.

"I'll always come back to you."

*End of Flashback*

You felt a pair of strong arms wrap around you as you recalled that memory.