Chapter 39

Later on in the day, I had put on the Spotify playlist that Bonez, Billy and I had made together. Bonez and I wanted to show Liv and Rhea so they could better understand the bond we had. It was a mixture of songs and genres. There was a little bit of everything. Rock, metal, rap, country, and hip hop.

The funny part is we went from Little Big Town, to Cher, and now to Hollywood Undead. "Oh shit, get up Remi! It's our song!" I got off of the bed with Bonez so we could dance and sing. We started dancing like idiots, not caring that Rhea and Liv are watching. "When I start drinking, my dick does all my thinking!" I pulled Liv off of the bed and twirled her around. Bonez decided to do the same for Rhea. We all danced and sang and had a great time.

We made sure to keep smiling and to feel nothing but joy. It's what Billy would have wanted. He didn't like us crying or letting ourselves get drug down by the inner demons. He always made sure we smiled and let us know we are loved and cared for. I wish he could see I'm with Rhea and that she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I know he's looking down on Bonez and I right now, happy we're keeping his memory alive and having fun.

Although, good things must come to an end. We had to pack up and leave to catch our flights. The three of us said goodbye to Liv since she has to go to New Jersey and we're going to Florida.

After we landed and got our bags, we went to my car and I offered to drive Bonez and Rhea home. Although, after I made it to Bonez's place, I realized I was more tired than I thought. I could barely keep my eyes open. "Hey, why don't we switch and I drive? You can spend the night at my apartment and go home tomorrow."

"I can't argue with that." I said and nodded. We got out and switched places. I pushed the seat back and closed my eyes. "I know you only live fifteen minutes away from Remi, but I need to shut my eyes."

"I know, love." I felt her take my hand and she linked our fingers together. "It's alright, take a nap. I'll wake you up when we get there."

****

With what only felt like two minutes of rest, I felt Rhea rub my arm to wake me up. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "We're here?" She nodded, so I unbuckled the seat belt and exited the car. We got our bags from the trunk and I followed Rhea inside. We were greeted by Luna and Barry. I woke up more when the two excited pups were whining with their tails wagging. "Hello, guys. Yes, I know, it's been too long." I walked in more and sat my suitcase on the couch where Kevin is.

"Hey, look who's back." He smiled and we awkwardly waved at each other.

I turned to Barry, who's at my feet. I bent over and picked him up. "Hey, Bestie Barry. How's my boy?" He licked my face, causing giggles to escape. "Aww, thank you." I sat him down so Rhea could hold him. I picked up Luna, holding the small dog like a baby. "Hey, buddy. How's it hanging?" I said like Luna was gonna answer. "Let's go in the bedroom so they can talk. Come on, Barry!"

I took the dogs into Rhea's room and sat on the bed. We snuggled for a few minutes before I heard the front door open and close. "Looks like you've started another cuddle session." Rhea said after she came into the bedroom. "You didn't have to leave. You know that, right?"

"I wanted to give you two privacy to talk before he left. I figured it was just a catch up of the dogs and how the show went." This was also a way to show Rhea I trust her and respect her privacy. She smiled and crawled into bed. I put Luna down so i could join Rhea. "Besides, I wanted some cuddle time with my besties."

She rolled her eyes with a chuckle. "You get cuddles from them every week. You practically smother them with love."

"Yeah, like you don't do the same thing, Demi. It's not like you come to my place all the time too and greet Nala before you even see me." I smiled, finding amusement with this. "What is it you say to her? Don't you tell her she's the love of your life? She can do no wrong and she's your princess?" The sarcastic comment earned another eye roll. "Yeah, cause I'm the one that smothers the dogs with love. Nice try, dude." 

"Then I'll smother you with love!" Rhea crawled on top of me and proceeded to tickle me.

"Oh, shit!" I laughed as I felt her tickle my sides. The dogs jumped up and yipped with excitement, wanting to join in. Barry licked my face since I couldn't move. "Damn it, Demi!" I moved my face to try and avoid Barry. Luckily, Rhea moved him to the end of the bed. "Quit it!"

"Never!" She stopped tickling me so I took this second to take a deep breath. Rhea grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head with one arm. She then began to tickle me again, this time with one hand. 

"Wait-" I was cut off by another giggle. "Demi, wait! Stop!" She stopped tickling me and laughed. "Would you stop tickling me if I kissed you?" Rhea's smile grew and she went to kiss me. I turned my head so she kissed my cheek instead. She gave me a confused look. "I'm not kissing you until you free my wrists."

She let out a defeated sigh. "As you wish, love." Rhea freed my wrists and lowered herself on top of me. My hands went to her waist. She brought her hand up to my head and ran her fingers through my hair. We stared at each other with stupid grins on our faces.

My right hand found its way up Rhea's body until it got to her cheek. I cupped it and caressed it with my thumb. "How did I get lucky enough to get such a beautiful girlfriend?"

Rhea let out a soft giggle. It's something I don't hear often, so it made my heart flutter. "I'm the lucky one, love." We shared a soft kiss and then she lied down completely. She's still on top of me. I wrapped my arms around her and raked my fingers through her hair like how she does for me. "Sweet dreams, love."

"Goodnight, I love you Demi Bear."

"I love you more, Riley Bear."