01. No Time For Crying

A/N: Ok guys, I'm so, so sorry for taking ages to update. But please comment your thoughts! Also I got a important question for you guys in the end of the chapter. PLEASE ANSWER IT!

***

The Mikaelsons were dying. But Hayley Marshall could never let her family go without a fight. She would crawl to hell a hundred times and again to save them.

Hopefully, she was not the only one.

***

Sitting on the floor with her knees pressed against her chest, Hayley watched as Hope played with the toy warrior Klaus had carved for Mikael, and given to Rebekah when they were children.

Hayley dried her rebellious tears with the back of her hand, trying to smile as her baby girl played happily. Hope was unaware of her family's newest tragedy.

"At least she doesn't know what's happening..." Hayley said to herself, biting her lip.

She had brought her daughter's crib and toys to Klaus' studio. It was the only place Hayley could feel even remotely safe after Dahlia's attack. But even there, among Klaus' paintings, his favorite things; even as Hayley held on to one of his paintbrushes for dear life... even then, she was still afraid. But who could blame her?

***

Dahlia's attack had surprised them all. The witch strolled into the Compound just before Klaus killed Mikael—again.

The way she spoke, the way Dahlia looked at Mikael... they should have realized something was not right.

With a flick of her wrist, Dahlia stole the White Oak Stake from Klaus. She would have buried the stake straight into Klaus' heart if Mikael had not thrown himself in front of his bastard son...

Everything happened so fast. Hayley barely remembered any of it. She stood at the top of the stairs, holding Hope tightly against her chest, fighting the urge to run towards Klaus as she watched the scene unfolding. But she could remember the fear. The scream stuck in her throat when she saw the stake flying towards Klaus.

It was a fear Hayley had only ever felt the day Hope was born. The terror of losing a piece of her heart. It was the terrifying realization that all the words she had in her heart, everything she ever wanted to tell Klaus, all her love for him... it would all be left unsaid. He would never know how much he meant to ...