A Haunting Flashback.

•••••
Children were fleeing the horrific scene in front of them, screaming for their parents to come and save them.
The sound of adult's and children's shrieks alike filled the echoey building to the point where it was deafening.

Sun was terrified, confused and shocked at the sight.

Laying in a puddle of blood was a nine year old boy, Sun's bestfriend.

His body mangled with scratches and holes, his eyes...lifeless....

Let me explain...
This all happened on December 12th about two years ago.
The owner of the Freddy's franchise decided to add a new mechanic to the daycare animatronic.
Instead of always looking like a sun they added a way for it to transform into a moon as well.

Along with the new updates they added a designated naptime in the daycare, where for an extra fee you could let your child stay until 9:30 PM. With staff supervision of course.

Unfortunately things did not go as planned...

A child got up in the middle of the naptime to mess around over at the play structure.
His name was Ezekiel Scott, a boy who regularly attended to the daycare every Saturday.

The sun animatronic was in moon mode and something in it just snapped...

It attacked the child, brutally.

It all happened so fast, even the workers couldn't stop the moon's sadistic behavior.
After the lights were turned back on and the animatronic went back to it's sun mode it immediately calmed down, although it didn't continue to do anything.
Instead it seemed almost lifeless, watching the scene in front of it, unmoving.

The police and paramedics were called but the young boy was long gone...

The Pizzaplex was threatened to be torn down by force of angry parents and civilians who mourned the loss of the nine year old boy.

The owner was sued by the boy's parents and eventually a new owner took over and got rid of the naptime.
Making sure that the moon mode was never to be turned on again...

Sun stared in horror at the body of his friend.
He had done this, it was his fault.
He never meant to...
The moon took over and he couldn't stop it, no matter how hard he tried.

A weary security guard came and took him away from the scene then locked him in an old parts and service room.
Sun never fought, knowing after what he had done he should be taken apart.

He sat in the cold closet, looking at the pieces of scrap metal lying on the floor.
He was a robot with no programmed emotions except happiness and yet...all he could feel was fear and pain...

He was a monster.

Ezekiel had been coming every Saturday for five months and him and Sun were super close at this point. He had gotten attached to a child.
A child that he killed...

After the whole ordeal was taken care of and the naptime was taken away, Sun was surprised to learn that he was staying at the daycare instead of being scrapped.

From that moment on he had promised himself he would never ever hurt anyone ever again.