Chapter 1

I'll always love you forever, she said.

AMELIA'S POV

"Wake up, my lady; it's already 4 a.m., and you still have to get ready for your first day at work." Sara and I have been friends since childhood, despite our different social standing.

Sara irritatedly exclaimed with a tired voice, "Oh my Amelia, it's still early and your voice is so loud it can be heard in the halls, the sun isn't even up yet," she grasped her blanket to cover her body and face, but I withdrew it despite her firm grip, she couldn't resist my strength.

She stood up and rolled her eyes at me, not even attempting to hide her displeasure.

Sara is supposed to be an intern investigator at her father's new detective firm.

Sara's personal maids, including myself, worked hard to make her look presentable, in contrast to her typical childish flair. Sara is the one who chooses her outfits most of the time. Not to be offensive, but she's a fashion terrorist who pairs clothes that don't go together.

We decided to pair a trench coat with black leggings and knee-high boots. She finished her outfit with a black hat.

"I should've picked my own clothes, this looks horrible; I mean, you did a great job, but this just isn't my style." She gave a judging look while looking at her outfit in the ginormous mirror; even after seeing it many times, I can't get over how large it is.

"Really Sara, that's all you gotta say after all the time we spent on making you look decent." The new maids were shocked to hear me talking down to the lady and thought that I would get severely punished.

Sara, on the other hand, just responded with a laugh. She held my hand and said, "Thank you for your efforts." I knew she was saying it sarcastically, but my heart began to race. Do I have a heart condition? My mind was filled with concerns. This is the first time my heart has behaved in this manner.

My heart returned to normal as Sara let go of my hand; it was strange, but I decided to ignore it.

She ate breakfast with her family; despite their busy schedules, her parents always make time for breakfast so that they can eat as a family. Her parents have always been supportive of her, even when she showed an interest in becoming a detective.

I used to be envious of their good relationship because, unlike them, my family is a bit chaotic. My mother pressured me to be her ideal daughter, and my father, well, he was never really a part of my life.

However, once Sara and I became friends, they treated me as if I were their own daughter.

I completed the chores assigned to me by the head maid after Sara had left. After work, I changed The lady's bed sheet and pillowcase to make her sleep more comfortably.

After a few hours....

Sara was supposed to return home, but she has yet to arrive. "What if something awful happened to her?" I was worried, and my mind was racing with worries. Sara arrived home after 30 minutes, but I couldn't find her usual smile, and her eyes were flushed and somewhat puffy.

"Are you all right, My Lady?" I asked. I couldn't keep my worries from coming through in my voice.

"I'm fine, Amelia, don't worry," she said as she grabbed my hands. Sara shivered and blinked several times. I knew something had happened, but I didn't want to get involved in something she didn't want me to.

Sara's hold on my hands made my heart race once more. I suspected something was wrong, so I went to the doctor, who told me I didn't have any illnesses. Am I in love with Sara? " But that wasn't the time to be concerned about it.

Sara stands out among the other girls because she is a strong and independent lady, which I admire. She became a detective because she believes in justice and fairness, and she wants to solve crimes that the government ignores. Sara isn't going to be deterred by something like this.

3 months later...

Even though I constantly encouraged myself to disregard my feelings, I still liked Sara, and it's getting to the point where I can't do anything about it.

But I don't want to admit it because I'm afraid it will ruin our friendship.

I really wanted to confess, so I decided to let fate decide.

I plucked the rose petals one at a time. "Should I Confess, Should I Not confess, Should I Confess?" I asked myself over and over, but fate decided that I should confess.

"Amelia! Why are you destroying the garden?" my mother exclaimed, startling me.

"I'm sorry, mother," I said, "but you should lower your voice because the viscountess might hear you." She scowled at me, so I lowered my head to avoid her gaze and bit my lower lip until it bled.

Despite the fact that we are commoners, my mother is the head maid and one of the countess' close friends.

She walked away, leaving me with a broom to clean up the mess I had made.

Fate had decided that I would confess, so I gathered my courage and invited Sara to accompany me on a walk in the garden to calm my nerves.

We sat on a wooden bench near a cherry blossom tree and a water fountain statue with angel children.

The Viscountess is very religious, and angel statues can be found in almost every corner of the estate.

I raised my head and looked her in the eyes, saying, "Sara, I like you! It hasn't been long, but I can't hide my feelings any longer." "Every time I look at you, my heart starts racing, and I can't express how much I like you."

I could feel my entire face burning, so I closed my eyes, afraid of her response, squinted my eyes, and peeked at her; she covered her mouth with her hand, but I could see how red her cheeks were.