𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 14: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝛐𝐯𝐞𝐝

𝚩𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 again while Jo giggled from the feeling spreading in her stomach. Butterflies didn't even begin to describe it, there was an uproar of lions and fireworks. His lips weren't the least bit chapped. So soft and sweet against hers, moving with her. His large hand was on the back of her neck, making sure she couldn't get away from him as he tried to memorize the feel of her lips against his own.

"Shouldn't-" he kissed again. "-we get back."

He grumbled in annoyance but that only made her laugh.

"No," he mumbled, no other argument needed for her to keep her mouth mostly shut like he wanted.

The sunset always looked different here. It was better. In the city, just a little larger than Oakworth hills, the sun was always distant, layered in grey clouds and tall buildings. Seeing it in the afternoon sky at all was a rarity, even more so when it was setting.

The trees here gave a different image, creating a large canvas with the woods being brushes, drawing shapes on their faces in all the hues of the colour spectrum. The sun was sinking, and with it, went the moment. They couldn't stay up here forever.

Bucky and Jo sat back up. She was sitting between his legs on the small ledge. His head was buried in the crook of her neck, arms tightly wrapped around her waist and pulling her into him. His head was tilted to look at her, burning her features into his memory.

"What did you tell Peggy and Steve?" She sighed deeply, running a hand up through his hair and she looked down at him.

"Nothing," he replied, kissing her shoulder. "Don't remind me."

An annoyed groan left him, now realising that a world outside of this did exist.

"I'm guessing we don't tell my sister," she chuckled, shaking her head in disbelief. Maybe it was just the two of them in the world. This, and what was between them, and nothing else.

"I'd prefer if we didn't."

"For how long?" She kissed his temple, letting his body warm her as the sun finally disappeared behind the tall trees, leaving them in darkness.

"I don't know," he replied, and she sighed deeply.

"I think you say that too much," she huffed and dug her nails warningly into his neck, making him hiss for a second.

"You're the one making sure I can't think about anything other than you," he purred in her ear, making her giggle as she felt the rumbling of his chest.

"Big words," she sighed and peeled his arms off her. Jo wouldn't be surprised if he had told more girls than she could count on her hand the exact same thing.

For now, she wouldn't think about it too much. Going along for the ride was what she did best, make the most of it, because things that burned this bright had a tendency to snuff out before she even realised it. That's what happened the summer before he went to college. He left without a goodbye, and deep down she knew this probably wouldn't last much longer than that.

She grabbed her empty plate and sketchbook, removing herself from his body and making her way down the roof. Only just in time as Pietro came bouncing out onto the balcony.

"Damn!" He shouted and let out a bit of a whine. "I was really hoping to catch you two making out."

"You're an ass," Jo nonchalantly laughed, lying to Pietro wasn't hard. He wasn't the most observant, and she knew he meant it as a joke.

"A little bird called David told me you were at the store together," Pietro spoke knowingly while Bucky started climbing down, and she rolled her eyes. David knew she would kill him if he ever talked over himself, and he was too careful for that anyway.