2. fun times in detention

[pre season 1]‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

[pre season 1]
‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

        Serena still couldn't exactly wrap her head around what happened earlier that afternoon. Everything had just happened so fast that she didn't have time to take anything in. For example, that there were vampires. Yep, you heard that right, vampires just casually roaming the halls of Whitechapel, biting whomever they please. Not caring about the consequences of their actions. Now Aaliyah was one of them or at least kind of. What did Benny end up calling her, a fledgling?

She knew exactly whose fault it was. Erica Jones. She had ruined her friend's life, and that was all that Serena could think about for the better part of three hours. And then she would have to see her and the rest of their group as soon as she walked into the chemistry classroom.

"You worried that someone is going to jump out from the other side of the door and bite you?" Aaliyah asked noticing her friend's hesitation to enter the room.

"I feel like that is a very real thing to be worried about since it actually happened a few hours ago," Serena hissed nervously moving her small silver ring up and down her finger.

Aaliyah shrugged, "I don't think they would bite you, seems like a little counterproductive since they want to find out what you are," she said.

Serena blinked at her, "How come I'm more freaked out about this than you are?" she asked, her voice a little uneven.

"Oh, I'm freaking out," Aaliyah answered honestly. "I'm just good at hiding it. You just have to have confidence, Serena."

"I have confidence," Serena said definitively. "I am confident that I am going to kick all of their asses," she said pushing the door open and striding through the doors.

Aaliyah smiled follow her friend into the classroom, "That's my girl," she whispered quietly.

Serena didn't give a second glance to anyone in the room and just sat down at the lab station in the front of the room. Her goal was to put as much distance between her and the rest of the people in the room, well besides Aaliyah who sat down next to her. "You planning on speaking to any of them, or are you just gonna kick their asses unprovoked?" she whispered in Serena's ear.

"Not if I can help it, no," Serena responded just as quietly. "There are going to give me some dumb explanation and spew some crazy nonsense that I have a magic voice or something like that. And I don't want to hear it, because I know what I am, and that is human. And it wouldn't be unprovoked because Erica bit you."

Aaliyah shrugged, looking at her friend sideways, "Fair enough," she said.

Serena watched silently as Mrs. Garica walked to the front of the room, "I would say I'm happy to see you all here, but I would be lying," she said honestly, which shocked both Aaliyah and Serena. The teacher had never spoken out of turn like that, Serena suspected it was because the group managed to break about $500 worth of lab equipment which would probably be very hard for the school to procure again.