7. scary ghost coach

[friday night frights: season 1, episode 3]‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

        "Guys! Guys!" Wes panicked, sprinting up to Aaliyah and Serena who were currently leaning against their lockers, discussing the latest chemistry assignment that Wes probably didn't do.

Serena looked up at her distressed friend, "Yes, Wes, what's wrong?" she asked nicely.

"You aren't going to believe this," Wes started, pushing the hair out of his crazed eyes. "Coach is taking out the trophy in the trophy case."

"We had a trophy is there?" Aaliyah asked absentmindedly. "Are you sure you're not making that up? I've never seen us win a game, like ever."

"Well, Aaliyah, it looks like I've bested you just this once, as we did win one wrestling match," Wes declared. "Albeit, it was thirty years ago. But it was the one thing that I looked at every day as I passed it, and knew that if our school could win something, I could do anything!"

Serena raised her eyebrow as she had never heard Wes express something like this before. "This trophy must mean a lot to you then," she decided.

"Okay, before we get too far into this conversation, I have to ask. Where even is the trophy case?" Aaliyah asked.

"How do you not know?" Wes exclaimed, shocked by Aaliyah's lack of knowledge about where the trophy case was. To be fair, Serena really didn't know either.

"Well, maybe, I would know if the school had actually won anything," Aaliyah said as Wes began to drag her through the hallways.

Serena sighed and begrudgingly followed her two friends to wherever Wes was leading them. It was most likely the trophy case, but knowing Wes he could totally be messing with them and trying to trap them in some stupid prank that he spent all of the Chemistry period on. After the surprisingly short walk through the hallway, Wes stepped in the smallest intersection possible and turned toward a small glass case. "See, no trophy," he said to the two girls. "Look, even the nerds are upset about it," Wes said, gesturing to Ethan, Benny, and Rory who looked a little annoyed with each other.

"You mean Ethan and Benny?" Aaliyah asked.

"Yeah them," Wes said shrugging, "Wait, Ethan and Benny? I've never heard you call them by their actual names before. Are you guys friends or something?" He asked Aaliyah, his eyebrow raised suspiciously.

"I would classify us more as acquaintances," Aaliyah answered him. "I mean, we barely even talk to them a lot."

It was at that moment where Aaliyah regretted saying anything at all, "Serena! Aaliyah! Hey!" Benny called. "And, I don't really know who you are," he said pointing to Wes.