Chapter 13: The End

"MOTHER!!!"

"Why are you shouting like that? Do you want to kill me? Why so much noise?" She barged into their room in confusion.

"It's your daughter-in-law." His voice quivered as he pointed at me.

"Oh, Adelaide." She smiled, looking at me. Just then, she noticed the blood trailing down my eyes. My white nightgown had turned red from the bloody stains.

"Is that blood in your eyes? Why are you looking like this?" She squinted her face in the darkness and it suddenly thundered. The lightning reflected my face once again as she frightened.

"H...have a seat. Feel free." She offered, but I didn't reply her.

"Mum," Damon tapped her by the side to gain her attention. "Mum, she didn't pass through the door."

"What? Did she climb the window?" Julia babbled. "That's romantics but why is she looking so horrified?"

She sprang up from there... His hand pointed to where I was standing.

"What? What's do you mean?" Mrs Smith turned to her son's words looking so puzzled.

"She appeared." He whispered, unable to look at me. "I t..think she's a witch. She's angry... I think she wants blood."

"You caused this!"

"What?"

"You didn't treat her well." Julia scorned her son. "What you did was not really right and here you are with another pregnant woman."

His mouth dropped in shock. Damon never expected his mum would reply to him with such words. She actually pushed the blame back on him.

"Look at me, my lovely daughter." Julia calmly pleaded. Her voice was gentle and encouraging. She gave a suggestion and not a command. For once in her life, she actually begged me.

"Shift the blame for all that happened on me. I know I troubled you. For God's sake... I'm on my knees." She knelt down in front of me. "It's the work of the devil. Devil is powerful but lacks salvation. Please, for the sake of love... Forgive me." Jade joined his mother in begging while Lilith tied the blanket up to her slim body. She also fell to her knees, pleading on their behalf.

I watched the tears pooling down their eyes.

"A wild wolf doesn't turn around until when a dog bites." I nodded in disapproval. "Nobody is coming to save you. Get up!"

"She said we should sit. She won't be angry anymore." Damon pressed with a brief grin.
They jumped on the bed and took a seat without wasting time.

"You." I pointed to Lilith. "I don't want any evil to happen to you, but I don't wish that Damon would have a child!"

His mouth dropped at my words, and Lilith held her pregnancy. I placed my fingers together and intertwined my fingers. She shriek to the pain and her stomach gave a burning sensation.

"Ahh!" she cried.

"Please, don't do that... Adelaide, please." Damon begged.

Lilith squinted at the pain. "My baby!" She gasped again in pain. Tears formed in her eyes and gently lingered from the corner of her eyes.

"Don't make me an old age barren. Please, have mercy on me." Mrs Smith begged. Rubbing her hands together at me with more tears streaming down her red, bulgy eyes.

"What's happening? How are you feeling?" She asked Lilith, but the lady couldn't give a reply. She sits on the bare floor, unable to move. I watched the three of them in commotion, and it pained me even more.